Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
steep fast and loose :)
3,270 Posts
irrespective - seems like he's tuning into the UK market as a hot-bed.
trail centres are a HUGE success and the UK's mtb industry has never been stronger.
i remember the excitement when Nike introduced the Poohbah's [sp?] and look at the industry now !
it's time to celebrate, British cycling is on a crest.........let's hope it continues and foreign interest and support to UK cyclists continues.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Great little interview... He is such a down to earth dude. I mean to be abel to have him give you a tour of the factory then sit at his dinning room table and have a coffee, that rocks to me...

Agree TLR, the UK scene is going off at present mtb wise.

·
'All over it!'
1,106 Posts
hmmmm......

Whafe said:
Great little interview... He is such a down to earth dude. I mean to be abel to have him give you a tour of the factory then sit at his dinning room table and have a coffee, that rocks to me...

Agree TLR, the UK scene is going off at present mtb wise.
I must try the Nicolai roast one day - oh and a factory tour would be great:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Karve said:
"For example, we are working hard on a more lightweight G-BOXX-3 with trigger shifters"

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Yeah baby, that raised my eyebrows for sure, bring it on....

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
lornibear said:
I must try the Nicolai roast one day - oh and a factory tour would be great:thumbsup:
Dam straight, get your butt over there and see where you baby was made. It pus a whole new perspective on things, and truly hits home just why we love Nicolai's......

·
yet another stupid german
277 Posts
Hi all, thought i'd share some information with you,

one of the main reasons for the g-boxx revamp is actually to make it more appealing to other frame manufacturers. I visited Kalle recently to "seal the deal" on our sponsorhip with Nicolai and we had an extended chat with Kalle specifically about the g-boxx because 2 of our club members are ordering g-boxx2 Ion. Kalle was fair enough to inform us that he is working on the g-boxx3 and that the g-boxx2 bikes will become "outdated" (as if a Nicolai could ever become that ;) ). One of the main reasons for the g-boxx3 seems to be that other frame builders don't like the fact that the driving sprocket on the g-boxx2 is so far away from the standard on normal bottom bracket bikes meaning they would have to rethink their rear suspension designs to much if they wanted to use the g-boxx... seems the g-boxx3 is being designed with the drive coaxial to the cranks. making it lighter and with trigger shifting is an obvious "must do"...

greetings from germany
Ra

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.