Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! :)

I don't care much about speed, as I ride only for the fun (and health benefits) of it. But still think I would enjoy a newer XC or Trail 29er at some point.

The front shock is 100mm by the way, as that was also discussed earlier in the thread (back in 2006!).

·
Registered
797 Posts
That is a great frame! Ride it until it breaks. My local LBS owner ran a few SoCal Turner sponsored race teams, and won a lot of regional races on this one off frame. I bought it from him around 2008, and rode it for several years. It is a TNT Flux with a Nitrous rear. He said that it has an extra light tube set (prototype?)on the front triangle. I eventually broke the Nitrous rear, and I wished that I would have bought the Flux rear triangle that he offered me when I bought the bike. Fortunately, DT was able to get a trade in rear for me. This frame currently sits on the LBS wall after it was traded in on a carbon fiber Flux. The rush of nostalgia when I see the frame makes me wish that I would have kept it, but I already have too many bikes.
Start of Boo Hoff.jpg

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
814 Posts
Seeing those older frames takes me back to the first time I saw a Turner frame.
It was 1997 and I rode with a guy (Ken Frank- always wonder how he was doing.....) that had a shiny silvery frame, in the middle of the Rocky Mountains, in Kananaskis Country in Alberta.
When I got a closer look at a full suspension bike (Cutting edge at the time) called Turner (Burner I think- maybe a XCE or Stinger?) whatever never heard it and it comes from ......in the USA.
What the heck was a guy in Frickin Canada ride a sexy, silvery, shiny, cool bike like that??????
I was riding a Custom Brodie Expresso hard tail...(very Canadian)...which was cool but .......

All I can say is, the bike looked amazing and if I ever get another bike I want one one of those!
Took me 8 years before I got my first RFX....used but it was a Turner!
3 Turners later I never regretted it.
Still got 2.
Cheers
Kevin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cool bike!
And cool that the photo is from a trail that shares last name with me! :)

That is a great frame! Ride it until it breaks. My local LBS owner ran a few SoCal Turner sponsored race teams, and won a lot of regional races on this one off frame. I bought it from him around 2008, and rode it for several years. It is a TNT Flux with a Nitrous rear. He said that it has an extra light tube set (prototype?)on the front triangle. I eventually broke the Nitrous rear, and I wished that I would have bought the Flux rear triangle that he offered me when I bought the bike. Fortunately, DT was able to get a trade in rear for me. This frame currently sits on the LBS wall after it was traded in on a carbon fiber Flux. The rush of nostalgia when I see the frame makes me wish that I would have kept it, but I already have too many bikes.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts