Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FleshwoundGravityResearch
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe no one mentioned it, but Kabush took the overall by winning the XC race on the final stage of the Sea Otter Classic Sunday. He also won the Stage 2 TT, third on the Stage 3 Short Track after nearly pulling off a huge break, and finished in the group on the opening stage Super XC (barely more than a road crit).

Congratulations.

·
Flyin Canine
2,274 Posts
mtn hack said:
I can't believe no one mentioned it, but Kabush took the overall by winning the XC race on the final stage of the Sea Otter Classic Sunday. He also won the Stage 2 TT, third on the Stage 3 Short Track after nearly pulling off a huge break, and finished in the group on the opening stage Super XC (barely more than a road crit).

Congratulations.
Yeah, we saw the finish of that last race while we were sitting down to watch the dirt jump finals. Kabush has some huge power and smoked another guy for the sprint win at the line. Nice.

·
Registered
101 Posts
mmm...

but that ain't look like his usual golden Nitrous...

:rolleyes:

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
bike_freak said:
Not that anyone cares. But I think that other guy is Sid taberlay. Hes an Aussie:)

What bike is Kabush riding? Is it that custom hardtail?
An Orange Nitros.

Don't think it is SID (I could be wrong) looks like Liam...

Edit: I only say its not Sid because it looks like the dude has long hair or is that just the picture or me???

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
suffrn

It's not like Liam was any use to Geoff when he took his pulls, check out that height difference!

That is the same size frame that Geoff rode last year. 22" seat tube crazy top tube that is actually a down tube to keep the front end pointing in the right direction when he goes animal. I wish I knew what it weighs. It looks like a freakin elephant but when you pick it up is feels way lighter than it looks.

We tried to get ano orange for the team and it came out copper. So, we are in the process of re-painting all the frames Maxxis orange. It is not the same as our orange with the gold dust top coat. Adds weight, but the corporate types are very happy with the bright look.

DT

·
Registered
99 Posts
turnerbikes said:
It's not like Liam was any use to Geoff when he took his pulls, check out that height difference!

That is the same size frame that Geoff rode last year. 22" seat tube crazy top tube that is actually a down tube to keep the front end pointing in the right direction when he goes animal. I wish I knew what it weighs. It looks like a freakin elephant but when you pick it up is feels way lighter than it looks.

We tried to get ano orange for the team and it came out copper. So, we are in the process of re-painting all the frames Maxxis orange. It is not the same as our orange with the gold dust top coat. Adds weight, but the corporate types are very happy with the bright look.

DT
Hi,
I have a technical question about Geoff bike if you don't mind.

I'm interested in the wheels the team use, I didn't have a chance to get close enough to Geoff bike to have a look...

So I got that the rims were sun UFO
but what about the hubs ? spokes ? and how many spokes ?

More important, I think I saw Maxxis Maxxflite 310 tires on the xc race on sunday... did I see right ? I can't believe he took the start of the race with such skinny tires !!! were they installed on the Sun Ufo rims with Stan kits and sealant ?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answer
Pierre

Ps : maybe one more question... more personnal. Why don't you make any Nitrous with vbrake bosses ??? I really wish we could use vbrakes on that kind of super-performant xc-frames !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.