Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There are these two dogs that chase my ass very morning on my commute to work. They are forever faithful to chase me for 50 yards or so on my road bike. It is such a rush to be cruising around 15mpr then all the sudden kick it into K9- Speed and spin it out to 20-25mpr just to keep the dog off my heels. The only time I miss out in this morning ritual is if a car goes by in front of me so they do not here or see me. I will some times mess with the dogs heads and will ride on the opposite side of the street making them think they will run directly in to a on coming car. (which will never happen that early in the morn).On my return trip home the dogs will most likely be laying down on the grass basking in the sun with not intention of doing any thing. Lazy Mutts. I may stick my tongue out and say ( What up know? You don’t have none! Huh! Huh! Aaaaaaaah the life of a Trog.

Who else has a K9-Speed story?

Attachments

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Impy said:
Haha nice pictures, while pedalling even!
Yeah! It is really hard to take good pictures while riding. Plus the mutts will not sit still for any thing. I took three day's of pictures to get a couple good ones. This is just for fun :D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Here's one

My neighbor and I were coming back from a 50+ miler road ride in hot July. We were heading into one of those windy delta day's at the end of the ride, we couldn't have been going more than 15mph. We were hurting for sure.

Our weary ride was interupted by this large yellow lab coming out to chase us. My neighbor took off in a sprint with Yellow lab in close pursuit. For about 500 yards he took off. Finally, yellow lab had enough and just stopped...in front of me. He just decided to lay down. I did my best not to hit him, when he decided I looked like an easier target. I guess it was my turn for the sprint, so again he decided to give chase, then give up. It was a great way to end our ride.

We still laugh about the incident, yet we have never seen him on any other rides when we pass by.

jps

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
6,016 Posts
Great pictures

Joseph-da-trog said:
There are these two dogs that chase my ass very morning on my commute to work. They are forever faithful to chase me for 50 yards or so on my road bike.
Those are great pictures but if I was going to shoot dogs on a bike ride it wouldn't be with a camera. I used to like them but bike riding has taught me to hate dogs.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Locked up

0gre said:
Those are great pictures but if I was going to shoot dogs on a bike ride it wouldn't be with a camera. I used to like them but bike riding has taught me to hate dogs.
The Dog owner may have locked them up this morning. I did not get my K9-Speed rush this morning. All I heard was one bark. The owner my have gotten tired of the 6:30ish wake up call of two barking dogs. Or fear of Law suite. Who knows?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago.

I came around a corner on Old Pipeline Trail, which is narrow single track traversing a steep slope. There was a large black pit bull standing facing me in the middle of the trail, just hanging out with no owner in sight. I think I startled him coming around the corner on a bike with sunglasses and a helmet on and all that.

I gave him the customary "nice doggy" but he freaked out and went ballistic. I had to keep the front wheel of my bike between him and myself while backing off and dancing around. Then a little mini dog ran up and joined the fun coming around the back of my bike and trying to nibble on my calf. Eventually the owner (who hopes I never meet her in a dark alley... without her dog) came around the corner and scurried over appologetically. She hobbled after the little mini dog with a leash to try and get things under control. I politley told her "you can start with the black one," and "that's f****d up."

Man, I've seen pissed dogs but that thing was down right blood thirsty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.