Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do the K2 Lithium bikes stack up to the Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII (DW-Link) bikes? I want a hollowpoint, but I can't seem to find any of the good deals everyone has raved about in the past ;) . (my budget for total bike is $1,000) Since a semi-local bike shop can sell me a speed-hub built 2006 K2 Lithium (with bicycle pump) for less than $1,000 (and under 30lbs), I'd like to get your insight if you think this is a better alternative for me. :)

5'11'' , 28'' inseam, & ~205lbs (should be 177lb hehe)

·
Registered
4,588 Posts
dejacky said:
How do the K2 Lithium bikes stack up to the Iron Horse Hollowpoint MKIII (DW-Link) bikes? I want a hollowpoint, but I can't seem to find any of the good deals everyone has raved about in the past ;) . (my budget for total bike is $1,000) Since a semi-local bike shop can sell me a speed-hub built 2006 K2 Lithium (with bicycle pump) for less than $1,000 (and under 30lbs), I'd like to get your insight if you think this is a better alternative for me. :)

5'11'' , 28'' inseam, & ~205lbs (should be 177lb hehe)
Any bike is better than the alternative of no bike.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
dejacky said:
I want a hollowpoint, but I can't seem to find any of the good deals everyone has raved about in the past
2006 Iron Horse HollowPoint Mark III Sport Mountain Bike

Regular Price: $1,799.99
Sale Price: $1,599.97 a little over your budget at Performance Bike Online....
Can't say how they compare but price difference is usually for a reason.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
blasphemy! get the MKIII you will be more than happy.

Dw link rides so well, not a lot of experience with the four/faux bar? on the K2. You will only get well informed biased opinons in the horsey forum

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
baycat said:
blasphemy! get the MKIII you will be more than happy.

Dw link rides so well, not a lot of experience with the four/faux bar? on the K2. You will only get well informed biased opinons in the horsey forum
Can you please help me find a Iron Horse MKIII hollowpoint for $1,000 or less? :confused: Because, then I would buy it :thumbsup: .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.