Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Human Crayon
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, I picked up an older 02 FSR XC and since then I have been riding the crap out of it - about 4-5 times a week. I feel I have come to the point where I have outgrown the bike and would like something a little more plush ... along the lines of a trail bike. Also, I had a head on collision with a dirt-bike this past summer and I am pretty certain the frame is tweaked a bit.

At present, I am on a pretty tight budget (we have a baby on the way) but I have come upon a pretty good deal on an 07 K2 Lithium frame. I am wondering if this would be a decent replacement / mild upgrade. I do ride some longer rides from time to time (20 - 30 miles and 2-3k ft ascending) and I don't want something that is going to kill me on longer rides. I also am known to drop 3-4 footers and I ride some fairly technical trails, so these are also considerations.

The frame weight is about 7.5lbs. How does this compare to the average xc frame weight? I plan on swapping over all my parts to the new frame and would like to atleast be in the same ballpark that I am currently in.

Any input anyone would have would be greatly appreciated.

·
There's no app for this.
5,369 Posts
a tad heavy

published weights are hard to find; I'm on a boutique build (Knolly Endorphin) known for a 'heavier' frameset. It's 7.0 lbs flat, so your build at 7.5 is on the hefty side.

But if the price is right, what the heck, go for it, it'll keep you fit and sane as you raise your new little one. My theory is that I could lose a few lbs off the old spare tire, effectively creating a lighter bike, so to speak. :rolleyes:

Hope that helps, Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.