Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I posted an upcoming demo/ ride event at Wendell--this isn't it-that event is now being slated for late summer early fall.

However-at tomorrow night's shop ride 6:15pm at Wendell State Forest in Massachusetts the local rep will be there (I'm told) with a few of next year's K2 Bikes.
It's a nice chance to get out out and sample challenging trails on nice bikes! Just letting you know, K2 Fans.

Liam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Liam,

Thanks again for spreading the word about our bikes. Demo rides like this allow you to experience the fun first-hand, instead of listening to talking heads like me go on and on about why they're great. ;)

By the way, unless George (our long-time K2 Bike Rep in Mass.) has made very special arrangements with someone on Martha's Vineyard whose group is currently testing a new, 2007 K2 mountain bike frame design, you may be riding current 2006 models. That's not necessarily a bad thing, as many of the frames will remain very similar on next year's bikes. My mantra for K2 Bike is, "Evolution in 2007, revolution in 2008." Stay tuned...

T.K. Malone

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gd weather!

Once again here in soggy Western, MA-the weather has conspired to cancel this ride....we got an inch of rain in the last hour and it isn't stopping anytime soon.

Of note-there was to be a few Iron Horse bikes at the ride as well...you guys (World Wide Cycling) handle the distribution for both product lines? (k2 and Iron Horse)--and does one one rep handle both bike lines in a given region??

If I get this you have actually taken over the manufavcture and distribution of K2 branded bikes, but are only responsible for the distribution of Iron Horse...just curious.

When the weatther looks better we'll try this again!

Liam

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry about the rain-out!

Liam,

I wish we could have lent you some Seattle summer weather for the demo, as it has been warm, dry and clear here lately.

The company known as World Wide Cycle Supply founded, owns and controls the Iron Horse bicycle brand - design, manufacturing, sales and marketing. In fact, until recently, it was legally known only as Iron Horse Bicycle Company.

Last year, WWCS acquired the license to create, build and sell the K2 Bike line, with K2 Sports' cooperation and final approval, of course. Many of the same people who guided the direction and details of the K2 Bike line at K2 Sports before the licensing agreement are still actively involved with it today.

Before this licensing agreement, Iron Horse did not have a group of outside sales reps, but K2 Bike did. After the licensing agreement, all of the K2 Bike outside reps were given the opportunity to become reps for WWCS, and represent both bicycle lines. Many, like our good friend George in Northern New England, accepted the offer.

So, it would have made total sense for George to roll into this demo event with a fleet of both K2 Bike and Iron Horse bicycles. While everyone involved wants the two brands to remain distinctly different in most ways, they do share a common sales force.

Best Regards,
T.K. Malone
K2 Bike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.