Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Shyeah...

I thought about buying Kathy Pruitt's a few years ago, but she wouldn't come down in price at all!
No link? Let me see if I can find it...

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, the SC team paint job is awesome. Whoever buys the bike better be one heck of a good rider, because he'll look like a tool riding it without the skills to match.

As far as Rennie's bikes go, I was watching a Santa Cruz video a while back (can't remember where) and the engineers were saying that Rennie is tougher on his bikes by far than any of the other team riders. They joked that if a prototype could hold up for a season under Rennie it had to be ready for production.

·
mini clyde
166 Posts
mwcet8k said:
As far as Rennie's bikes go, I was watching a Santa Cruz video a while back (can't remember where) and the engineers were saying that Rennie is tougher on his bikes by far than any of the other team riders. They joked that if a prototype could hold up for a season under Rennie it had to be ready for production.
I thought the joke was that if it lasted a season, they knew they could take a couple of pounds out of the frame? Either way, pretty funny ragging on 'im...

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
How could it be his bike if it was never ridden? Did they make it for him, then he left the team, or was it an extra and not actually the one he rode. Point is that it's just a bunch of new bike parts - not "his" bike, not the one he raced.

·
Dirt Diva Little h
540 Posts
Be careful!

I bought April Lawyers race frame a few years ago and it was made out of a lighter metal them production and I ovalized the headtube. Now it sits in a box and I'm afraid of catastrophic failure on some other part of the frame. Not worth the money for the name and I had to buy a new dh frame. I would ask some questions about the material and what they shaved down to reduce weight. They are not made to last more then a season or two.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Kirt's V10

Hey. This is Kirt's Wife, Lindsey. What up!
Here's the deal... Kirt is on the Santa Cruz Syndicate.
He gets a certain amount of bikes each season.
That V10 was never ridden because he filmed a lot last summer and did things that required smaller bikes.
This is a beautiful new V10 that is a stock frame, built to last as long as V10's last brand new... Built with the best parts.

It has a Syndicate Paint job which is only on team bikes.
I know it's flashy.... But it's art and it represents the art of the ride.
Most of the team members sell their bikes.

For us, Kirt is running out of room for his bikes.
He would rather see this bike go to good use than hang it up and stare at it.

We are not worried about the price.
We want someone who will love it and ride the Hell out of it.

I know it's not always the coolest thing to buy a Pro's bike. And Kirt is not big on selling his bikes. He usually gives them to local Kids. This is just a SICK bike and he hates to see it go, but the money goes back into our AllRide tour, so it's not just a pro being greedy. Our AllRide tour is about helping people who want to ride bikes and might not be able to afford it and getting people stoked on riding!!

Thanks so much!!
Go ride bikes. Lindsey

·
Registered
19 Posts
TorreyPines said:
Our AllRide tour is about helping people who want to ride bikes and might not be able to afford it and getting people stoked on riding!!
Hey this is so true... Kirt, Lindsey, Travis and Colin are so supportive of my son and really help feed his passion for riding. The All Ride tour is such a great concept - if I could swing it some how, I would buy that bike it is awesome looking!

Keep up the great work All Ride Tour!

Rich Rude

·
just rub some dirt on it
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TorreyPines said:
Hey. This is Kirt's Wife, Lindsey. What up!
Our AllRide tour is about helping people who want to ride bikes and might not be able to afford it and getting people stoked on riding!!

Lindsey
So Lindsy......do you get all the Black Butte Porter you can drink for free? Mmmm Mmmm
Mmmmm.

Anyhow, AllRide is a cool deal and the bike is a beaut. Met your man a couple years ago
when he was on the AllRide tour and was in my neck of the woods. He is very down to
earth and a great role model for the sport. (I take the role model comment back....I camped by him (you?) at the 24 hrs of Moab last year.....definitely know how to have a good time huh?):D

Oh yeah BUMP...hope the bike sells.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HA HA! Moab!!

Yes, we DO get all the Black Butte Porter we can drink for free!! :)

Soooo Moab... If you're talking about the naked guy who ran around all the time... Well, that was Johnny Waddell... If you know anything about Waddell... It's nothing new to see him running around naked all the time!! :eek: You should have come over and joined the party! We were actually DYING at that race. It was HARD!! Are you going this year!?? We are! Come visit us this time!!

Thanks for saying what up! Lindsey

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.