Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you, K-trail has been my favorite local ride for a while, Epic Fail and I rode it yesterday and had no idea of the extraordinary experience that awaited us.

We ran into Kevin and Eric just finishing up the NEW Tech Loop. Getting to be part of the inaugrual ride on a new loop is cool, but the trail itself was even more amazing. This loop is just short of a mile and has so many tech spots and rock features that we could have stopped and played around the multiple lines for most of the afternoon! Go check out the Tech Loop - you'll be glad you did!!!

Lots of hard work went into this new section of trail - thanks much to Kevin, Eric and others who helped build it. It's amazing and we loved it. Mucho props for investing so much time and resources into continuing to improve this trail. It brings a LOT of enjoyment to all who ride it!

Unfortunately, we didn't get video or pics. Who else has discovered this loop and can post vid/pics?

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Yep, agreed. I rode this system yesterday morning with a friend. Started from Cloud View parking lot. We rode Lost Gold Mine, Cougar, K-trail, Vortex, and then managed to get lost on Quartz Ridge. Rode a total of 17 miles. Have not yet ridden Gila Monster, I assume that is where the new loop must be. Anybody looking for something different should give this system a try. By the way, the scenery is pretty spectacular. :thumbsup:

Bob

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Can't help you on tech loop location. But here is the trail map posted by Gila Monster, which has been a great resource for me as I've ridden there the past two weeks. Maybe he or someone else can describe the location on this map.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Guys, The Tech Loop is at the SE corner of the K-trail after the man drop and before the Chris's Rock. There is a sign post that you will come to running clockwise and the exit is about 100ft West. It can be ridden either direction but CCW is going to be the most manageable. There is an easy route for most all obstacles with white dots on some rocks indicating recommended lines! There is still the possibility for some more advanced lines if desired.

It is a beautiful area and this .7mi route probably has more tech than the other 15miles. Enjoy and ride at your own risk.
Mindless Mayhem - It was great meeting you and your son out there.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Can't help you on tech loop location. But here is the trail map posted by Gila Monster, which has been a great resource for me as I've ridden there the past two weeks. Maybe he or someone else can describe the location on this map.

Bob
Yeah...about the map...I need to post an update that includes the new Tech Loop and the very-very-soon-to-be-completed Gila Monster XC Loop...for those of you who have ridden what was built og Gila Monster prior to my breaking my wrist this summer, I think you'll enjoy the continued ride.

I'll get to work on the map tomorrow.

P

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks Phil and thanks for your help the previous week! We plan to name the rock at the bottom of the wash GilaRock in your honor! We added to the entry/exit so it would be easier.
Hopefully the rain last night washed some of the loose DG etc. off the trail. Let me know how it was today! I may go out Tues or Wed morn.

The next couple weeks are busy but would like to help you with Gila section when I can.

Thanks for the feedback camber. There is some refining to do and also several lines that can be developed for the Beginner and Advanced.

Regards,

·
Ridin bikes is fun
784 Posts
I rode this trail system yesterday, including the new "Tech" trail. Overall this is a great system that has been purposefully built to be fun for mountain bikes, by that standard it is a resounding success. I rode from the Cloud View lot, Lost Gold Mine to K Trail, Tech Loop, Back to K, Vortex, K Trail again, and back to the parking lot. 10 miles of smiles. Most of the trail is marked well, but near the end I saw a sign with an arrow saying "parking lot" and "Trail ends in 500 ft" that was about a mile from the parking lot, so don't know what that was about.

One other thing, many here in the Phoenix Valley when you call anything "TECH" think of trails like you find at South Mountain, Holbert, Geronimo and so on. I liked the "Tech Loop" but some will be disappointed with the level of tech on this section of trail. I only bring this up so that many of the gnar junkies of the area aren't heading out with 7+ inch travel bikes and hoping to use all that travel. I had a great time and cleaned everything with ease on my 4" XC bike. I feel bad writing this because I had a great time and it may sound like a negative criticism but I just want to be realistic about it.

Thanks to those who put in all the effort to make this a great new place for us to ride, I will be back.

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
I second what Surfndav said about how great these trails were designed specifically for MTB fun. Here's a pic of my friend Kevin coming out of one of the many wash crossings on the K-trail. Great job on these trails guys.

Bob

Attachments

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.