Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
K so the stupid Qr20 just stripped out on my Z1....update: temporary fix

is there anything at ace hardware that will fix the stupid system that marzocchi created? i need to bolt it on.

anyways heres what home depot had so i could part it together.....kinda half ass but it seems like it will work.....stainless steel bolts and steel threads sound alot better than aluminum

sorry for blurry pics

Attachments

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
I did the same thing on my Jr. T. I was told how to do this by a pro mechanic, and is supposed to be quite a bit stronger than the parts Marzocchi supplies. Their system uses some weak aluminum bolts. Anyway, its a 4mm hex head bolt the clamps the axle in, I bored out the fork a little bit to fit this big of a bolt. It's a damn good fix, and I think that anybody with the QR20 system should do it now before it breaks on the trail. The guy who told me about it said that he carries extra bolts in his camelbak in case someone on the trail destroys their QR20 and can't ride out. It's a lifesaver.

Attachments

·
Say Car Ramrod!!
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andrewpalooza said:
I did the same thing on my Jr. T. I was told how to do this by a pro mechanic, and is supposed to be quite a bit stronger than the parts Marzocchi supplies. Their system uses some weak aluminum bolts. Anyway, its a 4mm hex head bolt the clamps the axle in, I bored out the fork a little bit to fit this big of a bolt. It's a damn good fix, and I think that anybody with the QR20 system should do it now before it breaks on the trail. The guy who told me about it said that he carries extra bolts in his camelbak in case someone on the trail destroys their QR20 and can't ride out. It's a lifesaver.
nice dude, it seems more burly than the regular marzocchi bolt on fix

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Andrewpalooza said:
very nice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.