Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Heart Plumber
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, After 14 months of use the left bearing of the ceramic BB is completely busted. It did not give any sing of wearing until riding it lat week. So far I´m unable to find the replacement because of holidays and I have to solve the problem some how. FSA don´t endorse the use o other brand BB but they don´t say it can´t work either. So I´m thinking to put a Shimano BB until I find the Megaexo BB.

BTW, failure after just 14 months of use of dry environment is something awkward. Also the CrMo spindle, and the wavy shimmer are rusted. The 44 chainring is also showing some deterioration, and I had to change the 32 ring last month. For 650$ I spect more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use a Shimano bb with my Afterburners and it works great.
The rust is fairly normal for anything made out of steal, mine is fine however and have had these cranks for three years but I keep greese on the spindle.
As far as wear goes milage, use and environment not time dictates wear. I went through a 32 FSA chainring in less then six months but I put thousands of miles on in. I did switch to a shimano ring and have double the wear time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.