Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the two?? All I can figure out is the hardware on the K 24 is nickel plated and not zinc.

Is that it? Or is there something else i'm missing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Crisillo

Is the FCS worth the extra $$$?

FCS (Feeling Control System) is an adjustment which changes the contact point in the lever stroke (i.e. lever travel). This adjustment gives the rider several advantages; including the ability to select the contact point according to their personal preferences and not some predetermined contact point selected by the engineer. Also, it allows the rider to adjust the both the left and right levers to contact at the same location on each side. We designed the adjuster so that it is tucked away behind the lever blade and out of harms way during crashes.

·
surfer w/out waves
613 Posts
i'm digging my k24's... but I would assume that the same quality workmanship goes into the 18's. You won't be disappointed with either purchase!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have both the K-18 and K-24 and I am happy with both and they perform very well. As stated, the difference is the FCS on the K-24's and that they are silver. The FCS makes a difference in the feel of the lever, but it is not that significant.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.