1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Warp said:
Great post!!

Are you letting anyone to ride them?
We aren't overly possesive/protective about them them, but it's unlikely that anybody would find them without us. Neither end of the trail connects directly with anything yet- you have to bushwack a bit to get onto them.

Anybody who's willing to help can come ride them, as far as I'm concerned.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
FM said:
We aren't overly possesive/protective about them them, but it's unlikely that anybody would find them without us. Neither end of the trail connects directly with anything yet- you have to bushwack a bit to get onto them.

Anybody who's willing to help can come ride them, as far as I'm concerned.
Sounds cool, man....

Also, I understand you've taken your time developing the trail itself, not only the stunts.

Cool, really cool.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warp said:
Sounds cool, man....Also, I understand you've taken your time developing the trail itself, not only the stunts..
Oh yeah.. from flagging to scratching it in, bench-cutting and clearing downfalls etc. The stunts are only to get us over ares that wouldn't be rideable otherwise, in an environmentally responsible manner. The log-ride/bridges go over a wet swampy marsh area, in fact it's almost impossible to walk through it without losing a shoe. shoudl be %0 impact when we are done. A lot of work though, I miss riding but it will be worth it someday soon!

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
FM said:
Oh yeah.. from flagging to scratching it in, bench-cutting and clearing downfalls etc. The stunts are only to get us over ares that wouldn't be rideable otherwise, in an environmentally responsible manner. The log-ride/bridges go over a wet swampy marsh area, in fact it's almost impossible to walk through it without losing a shoe. shoudl be %0 impact when we are done. A lot of work though, I miss riding but it will be worth it someday soon!
FM
Too bad they'll be clear-cutting that area this summer...all that hard work put to waste. ;)

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
geolover said:
FM
Too bad they'll be clear-cutting that area this summer...all that hard work put to waste. ;)
Geo, that's really cold blooded dude. Sorry had to chime in on that comment! ;)

You're right though....that area will be logged someday (just hopefully not this summer!!)....it's zoned for commercial logging so that's a concession we have to make, but a worthwhile one considering it won't ever become a master planned community with 5,000 houses or some nonsense. I've got no opposition to the company that owns the land harvesting the timber and our goal is to co-exist with them and the other users. When they log it, we'll focus on another area to work and rebuild these trails after they've been cleared. They're on a 40 year harvest cycle so a couple of years of not being able to use a trail isn't that big of a deal. The key is to spread out the trails so any single logging operation doesn't take all of the current trails away (which it wouldn't).

It's the same situation as Galby (just way more lowkey). Dan has had to rebuild 911 and several other trails after Trillium and the former owners clearcut them. Just the reality of building trails on timber land, I guess.

Cheers,
EB

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
ebxtreme said:
Geo, that's really cold blooded dude. Sorry had to chime in on that comment! ;)

It's the same situation as Galby (just way more lowkey). Dan has had to rebuild 911 and several other trails after Trillium and the former owners clearcut them. Just the reality of building trails on timber land, I guess.

Cheers,
EB
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm just bored...trying to get a laugh (out of myself basically).

I hear you on the Galby situation. Luckily the owner is a hardcore MTBer. :thumbsup:

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
geolover said:
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm just bored...trying to get a laugh (out of myself basically).
Absolutely no worries.....but that is the reality of the forest. It's gonna get cut down eventually, I'm just praying it's not too soon.

Yeah, I've seen the owner of Trillium on Galby before. I was splitting wood for the second stump drop on lower Evo and he rolled up and started BS'ing with Dan and Hawk. Then, he went about his ride. One of them looked at me and said "ooh yeah, he owns this place".

EB

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
FM said:
Hey guys....I know a few of you have been folowing our recent trailbuilding efforts, EB's posted an update- we got a lot done on saturday!

No final pictures but we did finish this entire section and "Slayer_Rulez" got to break it in!
Great work building with the land to make areas ridable with some fun along the way. When you finally get to ride it you can trade the Hops for Champers !~!

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
kovi said:
This looks fun. Are we gonnna ride it if we go to Seattle in the summer?
Thanks for the feedback guys. We are all super excited to break 'er in tonight after work!

We certainly could ride this trail when everybody comes up, although at that time of year there are so many options here, many of which are honestly better riding currently. This is our local stash for off-season riding & night rides. But, we are working on it in hopes that someday it will be a year round destination. It certainly has the potential.

·
Registered
9,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last night we broke in the new trail, man it was sweet getting to ride it after months of work. I was distracted, kept flashing back to the various work parties with bro's. The ladder section is killer, it looks fairly wide in the pix but with a downhill approach you are hitting it with a good bit of speed, it's a rush! Especially at night with HID lights, the ladder bridge just disapears into the fog and dark... SPOOKY!

Anyways. Main point of post: I had two unfortunate diggers last night, one was a chain popping off my worn-out chainrings and sending me OTB, the other was a squirelly landing from a jump, OTB again. Both times the motolite took the fall and came up with twisted bars and bark and dirt in the shifters. I am really impressed with the durability of this frame, given that mine has seen plenty of light free-ride use and some pretty good hits especially to the front end. Don't let anybody tell you the motolite can't handle abuse!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.