Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all.
Anyone have an idea how demo or ucsc
Deal with this light amount of rain we just got?
Trying to ride Wednesday or Thursday down there...
If anyone is interested ggp is in good shape (haha!)
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Based on the rain we've had so far today in Santa Cruz, things should be just fine at UCSC. It has really only misted in town. I can't speak to Demo.

If we get more rain tonight, that could change.

·
Over it
3,799 Posts
They're supposed to get about a half inch tonight, which I think would make it a bit muddy for a few days. SC was pretty much perfect on Sunday (sorry).

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Santa Cruz got a lot of rain in the last 10 hours or so. It was pretty heavy at times. Not a good day to ride here. Maybe tomorrow or Friday if it lets up.

·
Registered
416 Posts
First chance in a week to get a decent ride in... it's raining... Arrrrrgh!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^yeah me too! fingers crossed that we get wind mad little rain for tonight.
Hoping to ride demo tomorrow, it seemed awful thirsty last week...

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
We keep getting rain, then "decent" warmish day. I think seepage zones will be slick annoyances, but exposed areas probably pretty decent.

If my backyard were any measure (it's not, because I am in the flat banana belt), it would be hero dirt++ right now.

·
singletrack bound
2,988 Posts
For the record...

Emma McCreary / UCONN and up to empire was in primo shape today. Just a hand full of puddles and the rest was killer!!!!!

quite a few riders out for a Friday afternoon!

go get some>

·
Registered
367 Posts
Waterdog was tack perfect and had only a few fellow frothers last night.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Did anyone ride Wilder/UC today? Thoughts on conditions?

Brief recon today in Pogonip (hiking), Emma looks like it should be OK tomorrow. I am debating non-seep/non-shady areas of Wilder (with a group). We may opt for a road ride instead. I'm leaving it up to the group.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Err, likely too wet @ most of the usual haunts: tear up the most entertaining trails and/or tear up your drivetrain too. As a CPSA [cycling public service announcement] I'm going suggest these places are great for riding after a rain.........

Fort Ord
Big Basin
Butano
Kennedy
El Sereno
Parts of Nisene Marks

Or, gasp, a road ride or cx ride [my plan for the day]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I rode parts of lower UC (from the main campus) on the CX rig. Overall good conditions, but definite puddles. I can see where Wilder would be a mess. A good day for me.

Riding familiar trails on a fully rigid bike was fun. As I commented elsewhere...Strava congratulated me on my slowest ride on Star Wars to date.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts