Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
just signed in. I love this forum, it gave lots of info, though I do not live in the US, I have an american bike!
If you come for vacation in Rome, Italy, I live here

;-)

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Make sure to jump in and post, but not in the 26 vs 27.5 or 29 wheel size debates. Nobody wins in those.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Welcome. There is a wealth of great information available here on MTBR. I first discovered it in 1996 and have found it very useful and entertaining. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the forums and fights on MTBR.
I've been to Italy and Rome a couple times and absolutely loved the visits. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hello! What kind of American bike do you have? I would love to visit Italy some time.

And you CAN post in the wheel size debate threads, just make sure you either pick a side and stick to it fanatically or post something that has nothing to do with wheel size.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome! Enjoy the forums and fights on MTBR.
I've been to Italy and Rome a couple times and absolutely loved the visits. :)

Thanks all for your welcoming!
Sometimes downtown Rome there are more american tourists than italians (I met there my ex girlfriend, years ago ...). Anyway, I just switched from a 26" Fuji Tahoe to a Specialized Carve 29" and well, my opinion is that for pedaling and going uphill and trail crossing, 29" is a winner. 26" is probably better on rocks and twisty tiny little paths ... imho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello! What kind of American bike do you have? I would love to visit Italy some time.

And you CAN post in the wheel size debate threads, just make sure you either pick a side and stick to it fanatically or post something that has nothing to do with wheel size.;)
My american bike is a 2013 Specialized Carve Comp. Previously I owned a Fuji Tahoe. I'd love buy italian bikes, but they seems like jewels ...
So the debate 26-27.5-29 is getting wild huh?
I didn't even know there were 29" bikes until last year, but once I tried one, I fell in love.
The area were I do my routes is vulcanic. Don't get me wrong, is not a desert, quite opposite is full of trees (vulcanic soil seems very good for vegetations). But some tracks are covered with small stones from ancient eruptions, which makes grip nothing. I remember I managed to control my 26" bike better than 29" in those situations.
Ok, enough said, I'll write about it in that thread.
Here is 7:00 pm, my office day is over so ... see you tomorrow and then ... little vacation (May 1st is labor's day here)

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I spent most of my working career in New York City and often felt that on any given summer day, the tourists out numbered the locals there too. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love NYC, been twice only, hopefully I'll go soon, I like shopping there in Manhattan or Brooklyn.
Anyway, probably this is not the right place, but since you guys are so nice, I have a question. I paid 65 euro (like 80$ I guess) for a mechanic to seal my tyres. Those tyres are 1 year old. Do you all think it is convenient going tubeless with sealant? I feel the bike much more light ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts