Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Back on the wagon
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I installed new Avid SD7 levers and straight jacket cables to replace my old Tektro carryovers from the Marin. My first ride on them will be sunday...prepare to watch me endo even more than usual! This is easily the most dialed in and crisp my brakes have ever been... :eek:

·
customized
3,123 Posts
PutAwayWet said:
Last night I installed new Avid SD7 levers and straight jacket cables to replace my old Tektro carryovers from the Marin. My first ride on them will be sunday...prepare to watch me endo even more than usual! This is easily the most dialed in and crisp my brakes have ever been... :eek:
The day you go to good disc brakes, you'll wonder why you ever ran v-brakes.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
yogreg said:
I just got done working on my fork while eating about a pound of baby carrots. Man I love those things.
Good going PAW!
new brake lever and tires.
Yeah, no calories in those things to speak of.

What tires you throwing down now?

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
Yeah, no calories in those things to speak of.

What tires you throwing down now?
I had the System 4's on last night and they worked like a$$.
Put the Weirwolfs back on for now. I am really liking these tires currently. 2.5 in front 2.3 in the back.

G

·
customized
3,123 Posts
yogreg said:
I had the System 4's on last night and they worked like a$$.
Put the Weirwolfs back on for now. I am really liking these tires currently. 2.5 in front 2.3 in the back.

G
Thanks for the tip, I was gonna throw on a System 4 on the rear on the Saber tonight. Nix that. I have a handful of tires to run, what do you think I should try? The Panaracers are too much tire right now.

2.1 Hutchinson Alligator single
2.5 Maxxis Mobster pair
2.4 Panaracer FR pair
2.1 Nokian Core pair
2.1 Tioga XC pair
2.25 Intense System 4
2.3 Kenda Blue Groove single
2.3 Kenda Nevegal single

I am thinking a Panaracer in the front and the Nevegal in the back.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
2.3 Kenda Nevegal single

b/c I want to see how these work here. my buddy loves them in NM.

for what it's worth: I've got a set of Tioga Yellow Kirins on my HT that I think will be sweet once we get normal conditions. I also like my Panaracer FR 2.4 on the front of my loco. I just wish I could run a tire that balences it in back

·
customized
3,123 Posts
brianc said:
2.3 Kenda Nevegal single

for what it's worth: I've got a set of Tioga Yellow Kirins on my HT that I think will be sweet once we get normal conditions. I also like my Panaracer FR 2.4 on the front of my loco. I just wish I could run a tire that balences it in back
That is what I will do. Panaracer FR in front, Nevegal in back. Off to install a tire.

·
Born of Fire
331 Posts
brianc said:
2.3 Kenda Nevegal single

I just got a set of those Panaracer FR 2.4's myself. Can't wait to see how they handle.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
pufdup said:
I just got a set of those Panaracer FR 2.4's myself. Can't wait to see how they handle.
They will do well for you in the super tech stuff you love. Those tires were made for places like Agy. Soft enough to grab at the rocks, but enough lug to grab the softer ground. I just weighed one of mine and 920 grams. Not a WW, but uck poo.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
Severum said:
Thanks for the tip, I was gonna throw on a System 4 on the rear on the Saber tonight. Nix that. I have a handful of tires to run, what do you think I should try? The Panaracers are too much tire right now.

2.1 Hutchinson Alligator single
2.5 Maxxis Mobster pair
2.4 Panaracer FR pair
2.1 Nokian Core pair
2.1 Tioga XC pair
2.25 Intense System 4
2.3 Kenda Blue Groove single
2.3 Kenda Nevegal single

I am thinking a Panaracer in the front and the Nevegal in the back.
Out of those choices I would go with the Blue Groove in the front and the Nevegal in the back. They would work well on Sunday.
The FR's will be too much tire.

If those Core's were 2.3's that would be hot!
I rode in soft loamy woods, with lots of wet bridges and some mud and the Weirwolf's once again ruled.

·
customized
3,123 Posts
yogreg said:
Out of those choices I would go with the Blue Groove in the front and the Nevegal in the back. They would work well on Sunday.
The FR's will be too much tire.

If those Core's were 2.3's that would be hot!
I rode in soft loamy woods, with lots of wet bridges and some mud and the Weirwolf's once again ruled.
Great, time to arm wrestle another tire off a rim...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.