Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am looking into getting into freeriding but I am not sure how much I wanna spend. My delima is if I wanna just spend 500 bucks on something like a Hardrock or if I wanna get something more serious like the P.2. I am thinking if I get the Hardrock and really get into freeriding I am gonna have to upgrade quick to a new bike. But if I dont like freeriding as much as I think I will I wont be out that much cash. On the other hand if I go get the P.2 its a pretty solid bike and I wont have to worry about upgrading for a while but also if I dont get into freeriding that much I am gonna be out a little more money. So I am stuck on this issue and I wanna know what you guys think. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
67 Posts
if you are just gettin in a hardrock will proly work, ive been freeridin and dj-ing mine for 2 or 3 years, it definatey isnt the most solid bike but with decent landings ittl hold up pretty well. last summer i was about 185 and i could 3.5-4' drops to flat.

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
I just don't understand you hardtail guys WHY? I will never go back :p

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
NRTH SHORE said:
:p its fun but your right im gona hafta sell one of mine so i can grab up a norco six. n then sell my drop n fork out for a shore
i just found out that i might have to sell my ht soon if i wanna get a switch and a roadbike*

*don't hassle me on this:mad:! i need a commuter... :(

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
JBsoxB said:
i just found out that i might have to sell my ht soon if i wanna get a switch and a roadbike*

*don't hassle me on this:mad:! i need a commuter... :(
why a road bike? get a hybrid or a chopper bike for a commuter lolz.

actualy my dh bike is usualy my commuter lolz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am still trying to decide. I am kinda leaning towards the hardrock becuase it is cheaper. You can also go ahead and give recomendations for other bikes that are comparable. Thanks for all your help so far.

·
Still on Training Wheels!
1,107 Posts
What about a Haro Escape 8.2. Very similar to the P2, but about a $100 less. Very similar part spec as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.