Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my ML for over 4 years and it still is the best bike I've ever owned or ridden! Period! I've read a lot of reviews on MTBR about suspensions, specifically, the Horst Link and how every new design is SO much better. Ha! What a load.....I find it funny that every new suspension is constantly compared to the Horst Link. It is the bar (four bar....that is) by which are all judged.

Keep making the best Titus!

·
Dozer
394 Posts
It is due to glowing raves and reviews like this that led me to consider a ML when shopping for a full-suspension frame. I have always been a hardtail or fully-rigid guy until my riding group changed and now I am enjoying more trail and all-mountain style riding. The hardtail had to go.

I just built up my ML last week (thread here) and I'm absolutely itching to get out there and ride. Unfortunately we just got hit with a nasty snowstorm that's supposed to last all week. Motolite, you're just going to have to stay clean for a few more days...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Just got my NEW motolite yesterday and I'm stoked. I will be keeping my Cannondale Prophet too though - love the Lefty. I haven't ridden the Motolitet yet, as "some assembly required" with the swapping of parts off the Prophet. But man, is she a pretty bike in annodized blue! Hope the ride is as good as ya'lll all say!

·
Registered
40 Posts
ML still my favourite out of my 11

Yep I have 11 bikes in my quiver.
The ML is the bike I seem to ride the most for sure!!!
I have ridden the latest and greatest (and bought a couple since the ML) but the ML has an X factor that few others can match!

Is it the 4-5" suspension option or the sweet technical track ride or the climbing traction or the descending ability or the ease to reach the RP23 PP lever or the fact the bearings last forever or the HL suspension or the stiff rear end or the perfect geometry for general trail riding or the bullet proof frame or the great cable routing. or the no ghost shifting?

I am really not sure.....maybe all of the above!

·
ಠ_ಠ
3,190 Posts
VTgrinder said:
I have ridden the latest and greatest (and bought a couple since the ML) but the ML has an X factor that few others can match!!
totally agree about the X-factor. there are many bikes that are more capable, but few that are as fun to ride.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 For All of The Above

VTgrinder said:
I have ridden the latest and greatest (and bought a couple since the ML) but the ML has an X factor that few others can match!

Is it the 4-5" suspension option or the sweet technical track ride or the climbing traction or the descending ability or the ease to reach the RP23 PP lever or the fact the bearings last forever or the HL suspension or the stiff rear end or the perfect geometry for general trail riding or the bullet proof frame or the great cable routing. or the no ghost shifting?

I am really not sure.....maybe all of the above!
Captured perfectly......

It truly is a incredible capable machine. I found that if you take the time to set up the suspension you can run without Pro-Pedal. Plus, I had the guys at Push factory tune the suspension and BOY, what a difference that made. Awesome!

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah, PP off almost all the time for me (save the ride to the trailhead, a couple of really smooth fireroads in one of my rides, etc.). Can't wait to get the shock pushed and add an adjustable seatpost, that should about make it perfect.

David B.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts