Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hi as I'm new to these forums (although not to singlespeeding)

I've been singlespeeding for coming up to 5 years now. My bike is a Rock Lobster (the Merlin one) with Reynolds 853 and a singlelator to keep things in check. I spend half the year in the south west of England and the other half in the north west so I get to ride either the lakes or Cotswolds on a regular basis :)

Anyways here's a quick question for you guys - in the future (probably around march/april time when I have the money!) I'm planning on putting my geared clobber on the Rock Lobster (dunno why, havn't ridden the geared bike for a good 2 years or more!) and getting a new frame for the singlespeed.

Anyways anybody know of a good framebuilder in the UK that can supply me with an uber frame? Bear in mind I won't be ordering till March time though, but I like to have something to aim for!

I had one eye on Ferrous and another on a Dean but wanted to know what you guys think. Will have around 900 quid to spend (God Bless the student loan!)

Anyways hi, and thank you in advance!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Just say no to Dean

Several of us and several of the 29'er guys have had troubles with Dean. Lies, dishonest and more lies from those CO people. It's a shame really.

andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy aka Rut said:
Several of us and several of the 29'er guys have had troubles with Dean. Lies, dishonest and more lies from those CO people. It's a shame really.

andy
Whats up with Dean then? I'm sure I'd only heard good things about them?

The Robert's bike looks sexy

/me drools

Can't wait till I got the cash!

Gunna go for a quick ride now round the Cotswolds :)

·
Registered
504 Posts
The Ferrous' I've seen (only on these forums) look absolutely beautiful, if you're really looking uber they'd get my pick. Something a bit more standard it's hard to go past On-One for a well thought out, well designed, and well built singlespeed in the UK.

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts