Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member from Britain and I thought I'd just say hi and buy a round in the virtual bar - what'll it be? :cool:

For the record, I ride an '05 Id (bought very recently at a good price ;) with a Cane Creek Cloud 9, Marz Marathon SL's, Hope brakes etc.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Welcome aboard, nice bike too, I have an ID also. They are now a piece of history, a collectors item.

Show us some pictures of your scooter.

Enjoy your ride, it will be a blast

Cheers
F

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whafe said:
Welcome aboard, nice bike too, I have an ID also. They are now a piece of history, a collectors item.

Show us some pictures of your scooter.

Enjoy your ride, it will be a blast

Cheers
F
I would if I could figure out how to do it!

I must say that Ellsworth seem to get a lot of flak on here. They are relatively rare on my side of the pond but there have been rumours of warranty issues, which the importer denies.

Regarding the ride - the high bb was a worry but, although the top tube felt mighty close to my tackle during an icy, rocky descent, I think it is mainly in the mind. It sure gives good ground clearance though. The forks are the limiting factor - I previously had them on a SC Superlight, set at 100mm. Now on full 120mm travel, they seem a bit out of their depth. I think I'll save up for some Pace RC40 or 41s and fly the flag.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's early days yet, but it seems good. The Fox on my old Superlight was way past its best, so it obviously feels much better than that. I thought the lack of oil damping may limit its performance but the compression and rebound adjustments make a marked difference. Don't really see the point of the "Rapid Compression Adjuster", though. The shock still bobs, but faster!

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I can see that you would have some geo issues running the fork you are using. I run a Maz AM1, I have to say a truly awesom form, it handles anything. They are a bit of a dark house as far as forks go. Those that have them love them.

You reakon your Ellsworth is a little rare in the UK, try haviing one in New Zealand, rare as rocking horse shiat.

I first had an Ellsworth Dare, I thne started seeing all the bad flak, I have to say that I have had no issues what so ever, that was with the Dare and the ID. I had issues with Intense re my Uzzi, and I had problems with Santa Cruz re my VP Free. Only minor probs, but still.

I am not wanting to open a can of the dam worms here. But I do not take all to heart the Ellsworth slamming, if one did, I would have slit my wrists years ago.

You will begin to truly love the high BB, I do, it saves the day so often. If I jump onto a buddies 5 Spot, I so miss the Id'd hig BB. The 5 Spot is great, but the low BB, bucks me off. If I owned it I would get used to it. The ID is a great techincal riders scooter. ENJOY.

Few pics to give you some thoughts of the Id

Attachments

·
Brass Nipples!
2,006 Posts
Speedtriple said:
I'm a new member from Britain and I thought I'd just say hi and buy a round in the virtual bar - what'll it be? :cool:

For the record, I ride an '05 Id (bought very recently at a good price ;) with a Cane Creek Cloud 9, Marz Marathon SL's, Hope brakes etc.
Welcome to the neighborhood. Make mine a diet mountain dew code red.

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
LOL......... who you calling solid, me I am 170 pounds, thats why I have grown up with the name Whafe, I am fat these days.

No beach cruising for the Id, thats the romantic spot to keep my partner happy.

I agree with the colour,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts