Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my Fox F100x and now my 180mm Magura Marta SL rotor is rubbing the caliper. :( I have the Magura IS-IS bracket, marked as Adapter 16 clearly on it. I had the fork mount faced by my LBS just so the bracket wouldn't hit the rotor itself. Now the rotor is hitting the caliper.

The part of the caliper that is being hit is at the far most edge of the rotor. Basically if the rotor was 176-178mm it would fit perfectly, but because it's 180mm it is "too long". Other than installing a 160mm rotor what is the solution here?

All parts are Magura so there isn't any incompatiblity here. Is it the location of the IS mount on the Fox fork? Could that not be long enough? Has anyone else fun into this before?

Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fumanchuchu said:
This might sound a little low-tech, but would a small washer under the adapter add the neccessary space or would that be to much of a jimmy rig?
Unfortunately there isn't any way for a spacer to work in this configuration. If it was a PM-IS adapter then spacers would work but the IS-IS adapter doesn't move the caliper in any direction other than towards/away from the flat of the rotor. My issue with the edge of the rotor. The adapter SuperNewb told me about has adjustablity built into it, just hoping there is enough there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.