Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into this sport a year ago with a 2018 Specialized Pitch Expert I picked up at a great deal. After tons of questions to a lot of people on here and great advice from a lot of people like Battery, Harold, JCD and many others I have decided to go for a better bike. Like battery and Harold say all the time, "You don't know what you don't know!!" When I bought the bike I didn't know if I would like riding trails and going through the woods so I didn't know what type bike to get and if I should invest a lot so I started with the Pitch.

One year later, I was in love with the outdoors and riding and learning. Since it wasn't economical to upgrade my fork to air, drivetrain to 1X, and add a dropper with out maxing our my bike, I started looking, learning and texting Battery to death. Lol.

I looked at several options from the Sync'r to the Kona Honzo and finally the Salsa timberjack. For bang for the buck and option, I am almost 95% sure I will be picking up a Timberjack in the next month or two. My debate now is do I want a 29'r or the 27.5plus model. I do know I am going with the SLX version. This will give me a better drivetrain, dropper post, boost compatibility and a solid frame to grow on. I may be asking some more questions to make my final decisions but thanks to everyone who has helped me already.

It was enjoyed and it's new owner is a new rider who has message me saying he loved the bike already after a few hours.

Farewell to the Pitch and hello something new...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bikesexual
7,568 Posts
Awesome man! Good luck with your search, best thing is try both wheel sizes, see what you prefer.

Plus does give you an edge.

Battery is great at spending other's money!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget to tell everyone what the new owner did in the parking lot

Sent from my snail mail via Tapatalk.
lol. So the guy check the bike out pretty thorough. Has his dad shift the gears on it while he holds the back whee up and spins the crank to check shifting. Great idea and I'm glad he done it. He also checked the stiffness on the fork and asked to take it for a ride. We are in a paved parking lot and while he is riding he grabs the breaks and slides the back tire but then he pedals and grabs the front break hoping to do an endo and he went OTB. Scraped knuckles and all. He wasn't hurt but he did knock the chain off the rear sprocket. By that time I'm thinking it's yours now cause it's never been dropped and I would never do that on someone else's bike. We put the chain back on and he rides he back to his truck to load up. I told him those hydraulic brakes are a lot different from rim brakes. Counted out the money and I threw in a new water bottle for him with the original papers for the bike and we parted ways.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome man! Good luck with your search, best thing is try both wheel sizes, see what you prefer.

Plus does give you an edge.

Battery is great at spending other's money!
He sure has helped me spin some. I have to do some more research and definitely take some test rides on the bikes. Only thing is my local shop only has the 29'r in stock and would have to order the 27+. The plus is in a color that I like better (matte green) but he did say they could order it with 29" wheels if I want. Decisions decisions

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Hail Satin!
248 Posts
99 times out of 10 I support the L.B.S. But this was a sweet deal. This bike doesn't have any parts that any other bike doesn't have.
I guess I do my own work also. So that's kinda a nonissue.
I recently murdered my old Santa Cruz Blur LT (2007 old) And decided to go back to a hardtail for a few years.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If you aren't aware already, the Deore and SLX Salsa Timberjacks are on sale through July 7th, I think it is. Likely the remaining stock from 2019 is getting low. So you might want to move sooner rather than later--unless you are planning on NX. Not on sale. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.