Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is what causes midwesterners to move to such nasty ;) locations as Brevard, Asheville, and the like....please enjoy....and I hope you attain some empathy for we upper central states folks.

DirtRagMag

G

·
cheese?

suck it up snow breath :D
what really sucks is having a few noice 65° days :ihih:
and then watch it freaking rain all weekend
then Tuesday the rain turns to sleet...snow...and back to rain :madman:
ah...prolly see a tornado in a few days...life in Da South

Nice Wes D swag :D
Hollis

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I said "empathy" NOT "sympathy"!! :D Although, when the article was written, there was 12" of snow out my window.....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don't miss the 5 months out of the year that we couldn't ride trails in NYS. Ground would never freeze, not enough snow for other fun stuff like skiing. Totally worthless place for those 5 months. Yes winter actually started in October and ended in April. Lots of fun.

Guess what I'm saying is, I USED to feel your pain. Now, tell no one about this... and don't move here!

;)

·
BGR / MCM #311
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You guys are a riot!! :thumbsup:

You know, of course that this was just a blatant case of chest thumping ;) cuz DR printed my article...it has nothing to do with cisterns (nuns shouldn't drive) or 'mpathies of any type!!! I'm jealous as hell of what you folks have in WNC, but....gotta say, my home stuff is kick ass, as well.

I just hope you enjoyed the read. I know I enjoy posting on here with you North Carolinianiuses....except, again, for those from Cashiers!

·
Ride Instigator
3,220 Posts
I feel your pain....

This has been a real sucko year for winter riding awwright, what we needs is a good solid freeze to turn all this soupy mud into concrete! Seems the only rides I've been getting lately only involve asphalt:madman:, it keeps the DTs down to a managable level at least.

LOL, I had a purple StingRay, ape hangers, sparkly banana seat, chromy sissy bar...back then:thumbsup: . My buddy down the street had a FreeSpirit rig from Sears like you describe....dem was da good 'ol days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.