Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Uberest of Micks.
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gimme some build recommendations!!! I'm planning on running this as a rigid singlespeed. Am on a budget, but don't want to build it up right, and not just throw it together. Any recommendations on a fork for this? (Planning on an On One, but if anyone has better suggestions...) Seat post diameter? Wheelset? Decisions, decisions!!

·
Registered
660 Posts
I run an On One fork, American Classic wheelset, Dean seatpost (27.2), bb7 mechanical brakes, ultimate levers, scandium bars, WTB rocket v stealth saddle.

The photo was taken before the ultimate levers and titanium post.

Attachments

·
The Uberest of Micks.
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh. That's just nice. Where'd you scoop the black On One fork? I know they're available in Eng-er-land, just having trouble finding one in the States!

·
Banned
6,057 Posts
ubermick said:
Oooh. That's just nice. Where'd you scoop the black On One fork? I know they're available in Eng-er-land, just having trouble finding one in the States!
On One's all well and good, but they're not the only black rigid steel 29er fork on the market. Surly and Niner come immediately to mind, and I bet there are others. I just came off a month riding a borrowed Karate Monkey fork, and I truly enjoyed it. Heavy, yes, but not as heavy as the squish job on your Turner Floor Art. Inexpensive to boot.

The Niner fork is a pretty thing, but I haven't actually heard much about it.

Or you could go for the bling-a-ling-a-ding and get a Pace carbon, like me!

·
Registered
660 Posts
ubermick said:
I had it powdercoated, before the black ones were available. It's more compliant than I thought it would be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.