Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i just rode wakefield for the first time in a while, i usually dont like riding it becuase it is boring, but i herd u guys did some modifing to it and dam its sweet. all those ladders, rock gardens, and just overall trail cleaning and it says the trails is still being redone wow!. whens the next time its gonna have another big face lift maybe ill come out and help

·
drev-il, not Dr. Evil!
3,910 Posts
austinb89 said:
whens the next time its gonna have another big face lift maybe ill come out and help
Definitely check the MORE Board, and especially the calendar. Now that the weather's gotten better, there are a lot of opportunities to get out and help whip the trails into shape. We really could use all the hands we can get!

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright ill checkback and forth, ill try to help out occasioanlly im only 15 so getting their is troubling but ill see what i can do, i give u guys props on what u have done now just add some more north shore type areas and drops

·
Registered
55 Posts
Liked the new trail to ride, But......

The new trail at wakefield is great reminded me of Lodi, the only issue I see is this trail as a race course, there is no big climb up, a place to seperate the masses from the power boys. Last year at the Wednesday at wakefield races the two hill climbs in the woods enabled me to make up some ground.

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
more on wakefield

yeh i know, well im a young kid and i like to ride alot of freeride considering i got a kona, ive ridden a couple trails, mainly do sum jumpin and droppin (homemade), when i go to ride the trails, it seems like im the only kid (ride with my pops) out their whats the deal, i think wakefield should be divided into advanced courses and intermediate but maybe thats just me

·
kona-tize me captain
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tubadude said:
Lake Accotink IS the more challenging course. Wakefield has always been less technical.
is it more of a downhill type course with more tchnical stuff? scale 1 to 10 what would u rate it on difficutly compared to fountainhead and wakefield

·
Registered
287 Posts
Accotink is certainly no freeride or downhill course. Fountainhead is far steeper than wiether of these two. Still, Accotink is fun, twisty, and has a steady diet of small elevation changes.

·
Registered
191 Posts
austinb89 said:
is it more of a downhill type course with more tchnical stuff? scale 1 to 10 what would u rate it on difficutly compared to fountainhead and wakefield
Accotink scores more fun points with me cause it sheds water very well. It goes up and down a lot more than Wakefield and has steeper climbs in general thatn Wakefield.

Wakefield is better since the redesign. It stays drier than before and seems to flow better.

Fountainhead is good because it goes and goes. It is a 7 mile or so loop and you hop it and and follow the trail. Wafefield and Accotink are more of a cobweb of intersecting trails which you just ride around at random. If you ride all of Wakefield, the bowl and Accotink then you can put in a good 13-14 miles of riding. Fountainhead takes two loops for 14 miles. I also like the challenge of bettering my own loop time there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.