Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
- factotum -
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Germany is a good place to ride. No doubt. Show your best pictures of Germany here. Bike related, typical scenery etc. Think: Where do you ride?

If you need a place to hide :D As typical of Germany as signposts on every corner.

Ruins from the 12th century.

Harz at it's best.

A rock called "Camel"

Thekenberge near Halberstadt.

·
Super Moderator
20,807 Posts
some of mine

Viewing the Saarschleife

At Brüderfelsen, Rodalben

Singletrack @ Rodalben

Near Mettlach, Germany

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hehe..fotospamming

winter Tagebau Leipzig, sometimes a good place to ride:

- somewhere in there:

Garmisch is a great place (foto by r0ckZ):

I like Zittau:

... :)

and a very old one from Leipzig, when my long gone Ventana was still new:

·
Registered
113 Posts
cxfahrer said:
Hehe..fotospamming

Garmisch is a great place (foto by r0ckZ):

(Assuming I have cut and paste your message correctly) PLEASE PLEASE tell me more about this place!!!! Im looking for a mtb trip this year and that picture is crazy!

Please?!

·
Registered
269 Posts
golong said:
(Assuming I have cut and paste your message correctly) PLEASE PLEASE tell me more about this place!!!! Im looking for a mtb trip this year and that picture is crazy!

Please?!
47°26'12.16"N 11° 2'49.74"E

the way out at the bottom is a bit difficult, as the little tunnels are not allowed for bikers...there are many wonderful trails around Garmisch (Schafkopf, Stepbergalm, Fricken) , but there are really a lot of hikers who HATE mountainbikers.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Did some great trails again near Garmisch-Partenkirchen last weekend, many hikers though:

fotos by r0ckZ:

Pictures are Notkar and Herzogstand.

·
Registered
611 Posts
went to Garmisch-Partenkirchen about 3 years ago, and really liked the trails (hiking - no bike that year :( )

Also in Salzburg I saw good tracks... but without bike it's difficult to evaluate!

NICE PHOTOS!

·
- factotum -
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today: Harz Mountains. I wanted to ride the Bodetal from Thale to Treseburg, which is a very challenging trail since the rock usually is wet and slippy.
Unfortunately the trail is closed due to weather inflicted damage. (I would not advise to ride it in the summer anyways, since MTB is not allowed there and when there are lots of hikers...) But in autumn and winter you will be alone there and nobody asks questions. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts