Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shopping around, rode a couple other demo bikes, and decided on the Jeffsy 29 AL Base in Concrete Grey/Black Magic. The price, components, and lots of great reviews had me sold.

So now that my Jeffsy is on its way, what are your tips-n-tricks for set up?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Been shopping around, rode a couple other demo bikes, and decided on the Jeffsy 29 AL Base in Concrete Grey/Black Magic. The price, components, and lots of great reviews had me sold.

So now that my Jeffsy is on its way, what are your tips-n-tricks for set up?
The stock seat sucks, but overall its a great bike.

·
g=9.764m/s2
808 Posts
Set-up of the bike out of the box is a snap since they assemble the bike with all the components, get everything dialed in, then partially disassemble for shipping. The Rhythm fork comes with 0 volume spacers, so get a couple to have on hand as you begin dialing in your fork. For my 150lb, the fork is at 60psi for 30% sag with 2 volume spacers for ramp up. As mentioned, the DPS shock is a bit stiff for this frame...at 30% sag, I've never come close to bottomed out. After a year, I went the linear air shock route with a high volume McLeod, super plush yet taut. Unfortunately the fork steerer tube is cut super short so if you want to raise the bar height a high rise bar is your best option. Overall, the bike is sheer bliss!

Here are are all the answers to your questions along the way...Enjoy! d;o).

https://m.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=208017

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update... Picked up the bike yesterday and did the assembly. Super easy to put together & got a quick ride in. 1st impression? Damn this is a nice bike! Got some fine tuning to do on the shock & forks + some minor fitting adjustments to make but the ride was fantastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.