Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a great deal and has a thru axle for $1699.
http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fantom_TI_29_x9_30.htm

I was about to buy something else this week and this bike just popped up on the site. Has everything I wanted plus Ti frame but wasn't willing to jump up my budget and pay for before in the other Ti speced bikes. I was seriously considering getting the Raleigh XXIX-g for about the same price. Now I just have to wait for July delivery.

How's my sizing sound? I went with the 18". I'm 5' 10.5" with 32" SO. Average torso and arm length. Seems like this should be the right size for me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw this bike on the site a few days ago - very nice, and I think the least expensive Ti they've done so far. Sounds like you did a good job on the sizing as well. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I have'nt looked at the geo for this frame, but I would guess that you fall on the low end of this sizing for a large, so if you like a roomy fit (talking fractions of an inch) you will be pleased with it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, now they changed the sizing available. Was 18" when I ordered and now they changed to 17.5 or 19. I haven't had a chance to check the details of the new sizing but I'm thinking the 17.5 might be the correct size.

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Ok, now they changed the sizing available. Was 18" when I ordered and now they changed to 17.5 or 19. I haven't had a chance to check the details of the new sizing but I'm thinking the 17.5 might be the correct size.
Height and cycling inseam?

·
West Chester, PA
4,931 Posts
5' 10.5 and 32
I think you made the right choice.

This frame is odd. Not in a bad way per se, I just don't know what the objective was. It has the same angles as the fly but it has longer top tubes and longer chainstays. Why longer chainstays when the flys already have very good tire clearance ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am just about to order this bike and my ONLY question at this point is how much does this bike weigh??

Any help with this?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the website
The Fantom 29er Ti weighs around 25.5 lbs (*size 15.5" no pedals/reflectors per mfg)

Not sure of the exact weight though since no one has one yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts