Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ventana board!

I have been looking at pics of everyones bikes on this board for a while and decided to get one of these sweet bikes for myself. I ordered an '04 Salt from Chad. I'm a bit of a gambling man and i am always looking for an excuse to get away from work so i drove my arse up to MT to witness the build and to get its first ride in on some scenic and rugged singletrack! My luck held out perfect weather all weekend! Got in three great rides!

I just wanted to say how sweet it is to be a Ventana owner finally! I would also like to Thank Chad over at Red Barn Bicycles for the great spec, excellent price, and the unbelievable tour guide service! More pics over HERE!

Attachments

·
T , V , & K Rider
2,342 Posts
04 Salt!

I would like to get out to Montana myself someday to do some riding ! Yeah, Chad is building my new wheels( Hadley hubs and DT 6.1's) and just sold me a Fox 36 RC2 for my new frame on order! I usually hop on my 04 Salt almost everyday now because it is so fun to ride!! Can't wait to take it out west this summer! Have fun with it! TIG.

·
IPAs make me wanna puke.
1,598 Posts
enelnelson said:
Is that a standard "cosmic orange" Salty in the front there, or some other color?
Was wondering the same thing. Looks almost like a "caramel" color.

·
Registered
451 Posts
brown

Thats chads brown salty, would like nice with a 36 up front, cant say that about to many bikes being brown and all !!!, looks nice there in hamilton, have been buying enough from him to get me a tour next year( i hope)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is Chad's but i'm not sure what color to call that salty. Carmel sounds good! I've got mine setup 4" all around the carmel salt has a 5" rocker on it. As far as a ride report goes i am all smiles! It has taken everything i have thrown at it and keeps asking for more! I am still learning how to climb on it. Coming from a Ti hardtail to this bike i have noticed a hugh difference in the way i'll have to climb some of the shorter steep climbs but on the longer climbs it was real comfortable. When pointing this bike down there are so many more available lines to take now :)

B

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Spec

Should have put this in the original post. Here it is if interested. Anybody have a weight on a similar build?

Frame 04 Ventana El Saltamontes w 4" rockers
Fork Manitou Minute 2 100mm
Shock Fox RP3
Headset King
Stem Thompson X-4
Bar Answer Protaper Carbon 1" rise 31.8
Shifters XT 9 speed Rapid fire
Brakes Hope Mono Mini
Post Thompson
Saddle WTB Pro gel rocket V stealth
Cranks XT Hollow Tech
Chain Sram PC99
Cassette Shimano XT 11-34
Pedals Time ATAC
Front Der XTR
Rear Der XTR 952
Wheels King/DT /DT REVO DT Comp
Tires Intense 2.35 2.25"

B

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
bogmonster said:
Thats chads brown salty, would like nice with a 36 up front, cant say that about to many bikes being brown and all !!!, looks nice there in hamilton, have been buying enough from him to get me a tour next year( i hope)
Bring that bad a$$ Quasi over here any time Bog.

I don't know about running a 36 on my Salty....i think my frame would feel very insignificant :( Believe it or not my Nixon Super is treating my pretty darn good. I've been amazed at how effortless familiar rock gardens have become with the increased amount of suspension travel and sag.

anyway...DIDDY, sorry about the slight thread jack. Damb nice ElSalt....enjoy it!

later

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.