Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can't wait to ride it but i heard a lot of bad about the eccentric bottom bracket? Anyone else having similar problems?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I ride one and have not had any issues with the EBB . Properly lubing the EBB will help with creaking , a torque wrench helps preventing stripped threads . Enjoy it .

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
I have had excellent results with anti-seize , have seen others post about using lithium grease , teflon tape , chain lube etc. Getting lubed is probably the primary consideration , many of them do not get any lube .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys. i was curious as i was talking to the towns LBS mechanic about the rig that i had just purchased an he trashed talked the EBB like Crazy! it really made me swallow hard and think... Hmmm... did i just make a mistake?

·
At Work
1,806 Posts
like the others said. You have to grease the EBB. Mine squeeked at first (Bought a new 09 in July of this year). Pulled it out, cleaned it, added some grease........

Chirp Chirp...................... All you hear is your tires.

It is a great bike.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to hear sxr-racer. i got mine as a leftover from my lbs for 900. i never intended on buying it until we got on the SS topic and hes like here look at this rig it needs to go its a leftover. so i asked what he could do and when he said $900 i was throw some pedals on that thing quick ;)

·
At Work
1,806 Posts
You suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave 1100 for mine, swapped out the bars for some Niner Flat Tops. Less Sweep and wider.

I was going for an XCaliber, but like the -400 price tag of the RIG with the option of going geared later.

I am still torn on the SS thing!!!!!!! I enjoy it but damn, it can wear you out sometimes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love it! i just traded my 2008 kona unit 2-9er for a rocky mountain edge and i think im second guessing it. The Rocky mtn needs some minor gear adjustment and when i get on it to ride its like what the f*%& i could just on my single speed and have no issues at all. I'm convinced it makes you a better rider. faster and stronger.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also just bought a Deore XT hydro rear brake for the unit and a Juicy 5 front hydro and i kept them when we traded so they are going on the Rig as soon as i get time =D

·
At Work
1,806 Posts
Ride the Rig for about 2 months with the BB7's. You might change your mind!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i jsut took the Rocky Mountain out for a ride and i REALLY REALLY like it. Can honestly say ive never owned a full suspension mtn bike. always rode hardtails because im young and "didnt need that granny stuff" well that changed. It's AWESOME! the rig might be a back up :p

·
At Work
1,806 Posts
road last night on my rig in the snow..... Made for some wet trails. Boy did my brakes squel some!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
where roughly do you live? Here in North central PA we have enough snow were our trails are not rideable im pretty sure

·
Registered
45 Posts
I actually own a 19" 2009 Gary Fisher Rig in the root beer color.
I love it!!
So much in fact that I'm looking to buy another 19" 2009 frame in the same color and make it into a 1x9.
Does anyone out there want to part out their Rig and let me give new life to it in geared format?
I know there are a ton of them floating around out there so someone must be ready to get a new frame and be ready to let go of one??
Out with the old --- in with the new right??
PM me or text me at six-three-ooh-926-too-two-zero-4

Thanks!
Jeremy

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
I actually own a 19" 2009 Gary Fisher Rig in the root beer color.
I love it!!
So much in fact that I'm looking to buy another 19" 2009 frame in the same color and make it into a 1x9.
Does anyone out there want to part out their Rig and let me give new life to it in geared format?
I know there are a ton of them floating around out there so someone must be ready to get a new frame and be ready to let go of one??
Out with the old --- in with the new right??
PM me or text me at six-three-ooh-926-too-two-zero-4

Thanks!
Jeremy
I have 17.5" medium 2011 Rig frame that I'll sell. I have the new tensioner hardware and drive side drop put from Trek that fixes the rear wheel moving.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts