Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
How do you like the talas? I have a manitou minute 04 on my 5.5 but was thinking of moving over to the talas but reviews seems a bit mixed. The pike seems to have a decent following. I'm looking for a 140mm shock with adjustable travel and QR.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I wish I could somehow quantify my jealously...
I'm thinking about picking up a 06' R-Seven and was pretty excited about that. :D

·
Expert Crasher
6,356 Posts
macdaddyg2006 I just installed a brand new 2007 32 TALAS R and it is SO much nicer than the fork it replaced (which by all rights was a pretty decent fork). I never used the lockout and didn't really want to deal with low-speed damping so the TALAS R is just right.

I like the TALAS better than the U-turn function (having had one) and for that reason, I think it has an advantage over the Pike. For my 5" travel bike, the TALAS just made more sense. If I had a 6" machine, I'd be riding a Pike or TALAS 36 but not on a 5" bike.

·
Registered
761 Posts
run the blow-off 2-3 clicks from fully open for a nice platform feel while maintaining good small bump compliance.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a 2007 talas 32 RL does your fork rebound all ..

the way or can you manually extend the fork an extra .5 inches past where the air spring puts it. My first inch feels dead now after about 1200-1500 mi. anyone have this problem. Seals are leaking as well. I love this fork by the way and been riding 14 years.

G

·
not so super...
11,465 Posts
mtnbiker4life said:
Nice fork. I have a 2007 Talas RLC on my Ventana El Ciclon......great fork perfectly matched for a 5 inch travel bike. I see a lot of people putting Lyrics on their five inch bikes......I just don't get it.:skep:
I ride a 160mm Talas 36 on my 5" bike because it works so well. Slackens the front just enough to make techie DH runs super fast and fun. It also make s it not quite so twitchy in the tight singletrack. Guess I'm just used to it coming of a bike with more of a FR geometry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts