Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just picked up the Iron Horse Warrior Race from RSCycle!

http://www.rscycle.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7943/.f?sc=13&category=-113

Right now, I have two major concerns:

1) Do I need to buy tools to assemble it? What do I need?

2) Do I need an air fork pump right off the bat, or will it already have some air in the fork so I can get started? I want to order additional things at nashbar, but I want to wait until the bike comes in so I don't have to send out another order and pay more shipping when I find out that I need something else.

I want to get riding as soon as possible, but I don't want to waste money on two shipping orders what I don't need since the bike already stretched my budget. I can't wait to hit the trails, thanks!

·
Registered
834 Posts
*1) Do I need to buy tools to assemble it? What do I need?*

If you have metric allen wrenches those should be enough to assemble it.
If you don't, consider 2 things;
-are you going to work on the bike for all future repairs? If yes, then buy Zinn and the Art of MountainBike maintenance and the least expensive sets of tools for DIY I believe are Nashbar Big Took Kit on sale for $29.95. Because you'll be at the mercy of your LBS (labor cost, turn around time), I would suggest you take this route.
-if your purpose is to only put the bike together, I would advise to just buy one of the CrankBros Multi-17 or 19 tools for $20.00. You can also bring this with you on the trails.

The forks have air on them. However if you want to adjust the forks to your liking/weight you will also need a shock pump which are a bit expensive around $30.00. I will recommend some tire levers, patches and something to inflate a flat tire in case the need arises.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
i would probably buy a shock pump. i bought a bike off the internet (ibex) a while back and when it arrived there was almost no air in the fork. nashbar has a shock pump on sale http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...rand=&sku=2432&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=.

also pick up some chian lube and some grease. when you put your bike together you will need to grease a few parts like the seatpost. you'll also need some extra tubes and tire levers (get pedro levers for $3).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.