Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Another festivus MIRACLE!
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo! I have a MC Flight and the stock wheels were totally warped and I'm big at 220lbs so I pulled the trigger on a set of Industry Nines. I have a green MC Flight so I ordered gold hubs and gold spokes with black rims. Should be sweet!

Anyone have the I9 29er set?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Have an enduro set. Red hub, red spokes. They rule.

I'm really happy that I've been able to convert the front and back hubs to different axles so that has saved me some money and headaches.

Enjoy!

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tgoss said:
Have an enduro set. Red hub, red spokes. They rule.

I'm really happy that I've been able to convert the front and back hubs to different axles so that has saved me some money and headaches.

Enjoy!
Sweet! I ordered the enduro 29er. I have a set of I9 enduros for my fully which I like alot. I'm curious if the quicker engagement will make SSing a bit easier to get up those tough climbs....

·
Single Speeder
237 Posts
They sure are nice! I was close to jumping in on a set myself. Grats man! Watch after the first few rides. From what I hear you have to stay on top of them early on. Nice stuff :)

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
NOPE........................................CF.
You are correct, These won't make anything easier, other than the fact that they will be lighter, which will make them easier to spin up.

I own two sets of I-9 SS specific wheelsets myself, and while they are sure nice and light, they don't do anything else spectacularly better than most other wheels I've used as single speed wheels.

They do have ultra cool anodized colors though, so I have that going for me. :rolleyes: :D

I will say that they have been trouble free so far, and I appreciate the fact that I can totally rely on them. Otherwise, they are kind of expensive for what you get. YMMV (I would also say the same for Chris King hubs, by the way)

·
Expert Crasher
6,358 Posts
CRAZY FRED said:
NOPE........................................CF.
+2:thumbsup:

However, keep trying those tough climbs and one day you'll grunt one out. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
ok, im thinking about buying some I9s for my lefty build. where are you guys buying them? I9 themselves or other vendors?

·
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
superspec said:
ok, im thinking about buying some I9s for my lefty build. where are you guys buying them? I9 themselves or other vendors?
I don't think they sell direct. I always buy from my LBS.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I personally think it is money well spent! I own five sets of I9's, two of which are SS. The fast engagement is a must here in Fla. i've been SS for about nine years and went through a few CK hubs. since i got the I9's, i (knock on wood) haven't had a single problem. My kids have been racing I9's for five years and with the exception of changing out a 355 hoop, no problems there either. the key is folloowing the break in and tensioning the spokes properly.

good luck with yours! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts