Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed my order for my new Enduro 29 and I couldn't be happier. After riding a lot of bikes, the Enduro just fit me the best and rode amazing. It should be in early next week and I can't wait to ride.

Now I just need a dropper post. Thinking KS. Any thoughts on the subject?

Brandon

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,326 Posts
Great bike. I went with the spec command post blacklite. Reasonably light, mechanically simple. Reliable.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You're gonna love that bike. I bought the expert model which came with the spec dropper, but I don't like how fast it comes up. If you want to buy it LMK, I miss my LEV which wasn't reliable but had a nice smooth action.

Either way, this is one of the best bikes I've ever owned. The fit and handling is incredible. Congrats!

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,326 Posts
You're gonna love that bike. I bought the expert model which came with the spec dropper, but I don't like how fast it comes up.
Then lower the air pressure. That's why it's adjustable.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great bike. I went with the spec command post blacklite. Reasonably light, mechanically simple. Reliable.
Does anyone know if the Alum version will allow the cable to run internally down the seat tube, or does it only go through the top tube?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I too have the 29er Enduro and love it. I ended up going with the Spec dropper blacklite post and for the most part like it.

I will say that i liked my Crank Brothers much more as it had infinite adjustment and the thumb lever was much easier to use.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I too just ordered the 2014 Enduro Expert Carbon 29 comes with dropper post...

Can't wait.

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,326 Posts
If I am not mistaken the black light post is mechanical.....no air adjustment
You are mistaken, it has an air spring. I've adjusted the pressure more than once, although it's held the pressure terrific just sitting here during the winter months.

The cable housing does get a little dirty and seems to be pretty critical for keeping the action light at the lever.

There is a stealth version of the command post blacklite, that does have the cable routed up through the seattube. The Enduro is meant to allow either internal or external cable routing.

·
Mountain Lion Bait
876 Posts
Does anyone know if the Alum version will allow the cable to run internally down the seat tube, or does it only go through the top tube?
Yes. The hole is on the downtube, under one of the cable clips. I have an internal Spesh dropper post on my alum. Enduro 29'r. Works like a champ and looks clean. Have a decent lbs install it though, it's a hooker to get the cable to turn up inside the seat tube.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm running a KS i900r on my E29 Comp because it has a offset/setback (similar to the stock seat post).

I bought a reverb stealth before I noticed that I probably would not be able to put my seat in the same position...so now my stealth will wait for another frame.

I wish I could get a Lev or Reverb stealth with an offset...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too just ordered the 2014 Enduro Expert Carbon 29 comes with dropper post...

Can't wait.
That's what I got. It was only $150 more for the CCDBA CS… I rode both extensively and there is no better way to spend the cash if you can afford the extra.

You can adjust the air pressure lower, but it makes it harder to catch the 1" down position. It's a fine dropper and looks great, I like the infinite adjustability of the KS better. It also is damped movement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts