Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or did those "featured resources" just start popping up taking up half the monitor space above the message board?

Annoying.

·
err, 27.5+
4,928 Posts
Yes, they have a clever marketer here on MTBR. My pop-up blocker catches most of them, but the first time I visit the site for the day I still get one that blows through.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting...

The reason I asked is because I haven't changed anything but today was the first time the stuff started loading up. Now it is only intermittent. I was wondering if it was new.

Oh well, maybe it's just a tech thing and they are fiddling with it.

J

uno-speedo said:
Yep. I'm surfing through Firefox and I still get pop-ups. I can live with it.

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
I use firefox w/ adblock and haven't seen any in a long time.. sure you don't have spyware? that stuff can make popups show up no matter what.

*If you are a windows user, microsoft has an excellent spyware remover / blocker available on their website. That and Ad-aware's newest keep PCs nice and clean.

·
Registered
582 Posts
He's not talking about pop-ups in new windows. He means that list of links that appears at the top of the forum. I just started getting it today using Safari, I haven't tried any other browsers. I'd rank it as pretty annoying.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naaah...

It's not a popup window, if that is what others are seeing. It's just a bunch of advert links that show up between the Jericho ad header and the Forums Navigation. They never appeared before this morning, now they do sometimes. Wierd.

I am on a Mac running Safari, so 99% it's not spyware or anything suspicious...

J

Locoman said:
I use firefox w/ adblock and haven't seen any in a long time.. sure you don't have spyware? that stuff can make popups show up no matter what.

*If you are a windows user, microsoft has an excellent spyware remover / blocker available on their website. That and Ad-aware's newest keep PCs nice and clean.

·
Registered
46 Posts
DaveX said:
He's not talking about pop-ups in new windows. He means that list of links that appears at the top of the forum. I just started getting it today using Safari, I haven't tried any other browsers. I'd rank it as pretty annoying.
Same for me with Safari. I'm not very impressed.

·
Sugary Exoskeleton
4,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly!

Dave, now YOU are picking up what I'm layin down!

Why Safari, and why now? Ideas? Is this something that others have always seen and we Macs have been spared? Or is this a sign of sucky things to come for other browsers?

Ha, that would be a first. "Let's make it run in Safari, then we'll tackle Explorer!" =)

J

DaveX said:

·
Who are the brain police?
10,112 Posts
I'm happy to say, that I see none of it :)

JMH said:
It's not a popup window, if that is what others are seeing. It's just a bunch of advert links that show up between the Jericho ad header and the Forums Navigation. They never appeared before this morning, now they do sometimes. Wierd.

I am on a Mac running Safari, so 99% it's not spyware or anything suspicious...

J
I'm happy to say, that I see none of it :)

Attachments

·
the cool nerd
8,643 Posts
i'm getting it..in safari..only in some of the forums..only some of the time

and it is annoying, but it's free so I guess that I'll deal...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.