Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mtn pirate
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read some of the threads about area rides, but is that all there is? I just moved to outside Spartanburg,SC from Asheville, tell me about it! I'm really missing the trails up in the Asheville area and it is close. So Paris mountain is the best from what I see. Is Croft any good? How about anything close that I could hit during the week. Thanks again for indulging this thread.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
As I keep reminding people on this forum, we have WAY more singletrack in Spartanburg than they have in Greenville. PM has a couple of nice downhill runs, but for good XC fun, Croft beats the pants off of PM (not that I am biased since the Palmetto Trail trailhead is 4 miles from my house). And we have been riding dry trails for the last couple of weeks while everything in Asheville is still slop. So don't feel too sorry for yourself. Feel free to PM or email me and I will be glad to show you around.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
when you guys say "Croft" , does that encompass Southside? Those trails are fun when they aren't wet (and you aren't on your third lap of a race w/ no more water, starting to cramp.)

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
litespeedchick said:
when you guys say "Croft" , does that encompass Southside? Those trails are fun when they aren't wet (and you aren't on your third lap of a race w/ no more water, starting to cramp.)
With the new bridge, you can actually ride from one to the other if you don't mind a bit of tarmac in between. They are supposedly working on a connector trail, but I don't know when that will be open. Sometimes I start at the Palmetto Trail, ride it to the pool road, then take the road over to SS and do a loop there and then return. That makes for about a 3 hour ride or more depending on whether you ride the whole SS loop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.