Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started riding about 4 years ago and have moved several times since then and always have a hard time finding new riding partners and trails. Sac is pretty flat, but with the Sierras so close I know there must be some great riding within a short drive (without going all the way up to Downiville or Northstar). If anyone has some suggestions for trails that are close enough to hit after work I would appreciate it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Lots of closer trails

FromAllOver said:
I started riding about 4 years ago and have moved several times since then and always have a hard time finding new riding partners and trails. Sac is pretty flat, but with the Sierras so close I know there must be some great riding within a short drive (without going all the way up to Downiville or Northstar). If anyone has some suggestions for trails that are close enough to hit after work I would appreciate it.
There's lots of trails that are close. Lake Natoma, Granite Bay, Auburn, Cool, Salmon Falls, etc.

For more info check out Ogre's site: http://ogrehut.com/

And Wherewolf's site: http://arnica.csustan.edu/mtbike/
 

·
hilarious
Joined
·
210 Posts
Welcome to Sac!

Granite Bay at Folsom Lake is a fun, not overly challenging, and close to Sac area to ride in. Perfect for after work or a quick ride on the weekend. It's out I-80, take the Douglas BLVD turn-off, turn right onto Douglas (South) which will dead-end at Granite Bay. Auburn is a little further out, and has lots and lots of trail. Rockville (near Fairfield) is fun, has fewer miles of trails, but offers a more significant challenge in terms of technicality.

There are several local groups. The Folsom Auburn Trail Riders Action Coalition (fatrac.org) is supposedly and advocacy group -- but mainly they get together for rides. The Folsom Breakouts are a riding group based on riding a lot, riding fast, and drinking beers.

Have fun!
 

·
I dig trails!
Joined
·
5,611 Posts
Brainstump said:
There's lots of trails that are close. Lake Natoma, Granite Bay, Auburn, Cool, Salmon Falls, etc.

For more info check out Ogre's site: http://ogrehut.com/

And Wherewolf's site: http://arnica.csustan.edu/mtbike/
Brainstump nailed it. To add specific trail names to search for:
Forest Hill Divide Loop
Confluence and Culvert Trails
Stagecoach and Manzanita trails
Salmon Falls or Sweetwater

P
 

·
weekend worrier
Joined
·
562 Posts
I live and work in Sacramento. After work, I typically ride at Rockville in Fairfield because it's a reverse commute, whereas heading east in rush hour traffic can suck:

http://www.ci.fairfield.ca.us/cs-rockvillehillspark.htm

On the weekends, I typically ride in Auburn (Manzanita/Stagecoach + Clementine Loop, which includes Culvert, Confluence, and Fuel Break), Foresthill Divide Loop, or Salmon Falls (with or without Sweetwater Trail).
 

·
beer is good for u
Joined
·
136 Posts
Klarity said:
Granite Bay at Folsom Lake is a fun, not overly challenging, and close to Sac area to ride in. Perfect for after work or a quick ride on the weekend. It's out I-80, take the Douglas BLVD turn-off, turn right onto Douglas (South) which will dead-end at Granite Bay. Auburn is a little further out, and has lots and lots of trail. Rockville (near Fairfield) is fun, has fewer miles of trails, but offers a more significant challenge in terms of technicality.

There are several local groups. The Folsom Auburn Trail Riders Action Coalition (fatrac.org) is supposedly and advocacy group -- but mainly they get together for rides. The Folsom Breakouts are a riding group based on riding a lot, riding fast, and drinking beers.

Have fun!
Dude.. go check out a marked course for 20$ + 5$ park entry at granite beach
http://www.tbfracing.com/events/fridaynightmtb.html

was a good turnout last week, also you should be able to meet some cool peeps!

Eric
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top