Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I weighed the rear tube I was using....260g....monster. I knew it was heavier when i bought it...but its all the had.

It's now sub 25lb (24.74lb) woohoo hehe

Need to swap my Hayes for some hope minis and get lighter wheels....mmmm DT240 disc hubs

Maybe a ritchy WCS stem and a thomson seat post before that though, the bonty ones are quite heavy.

Also tempted to go thumbies again with Pauls Components adapters.

Anyone weighed a 17.5" trek 8000 frame....Weight weenies hasn't got a 17.5" 01. I suspect its quite heavy as the 01 19.5" is over 100g heaver than the later ones on there.

Stu

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What seat post would you recommend? I though the Thomson was about 220g, same as the easton ec70 for a 31.6.

My current one is 313grams.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
64 Posts
I started using 650cc superlight road tubes at 70 grams each. They work fine and I have raced on them (short track) and haven't had any flats so far. Of course now that I say that...

Check out Extralites Ultra UL seatpost 31.6 x 350mm at 152g. Its pricey but light.

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chase24.1 said:
Check out Extralites Ultra UL seatpost 31.6 x 350mm at 152g. Its pricey but light.
Touch wood you won't get any punctures now!

I have looked at that since hehe. Its is the best part of 400 euros! I would be batter off getting a lighter frame beofre spending that kind of money on a seat post).

Stu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.