Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Zonie rock crushers. I though I would say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to the forum, but not new from mountain bikeing. I was forced to take a year and a half off of trailing due to a bad injury, sold my Enduro and now I'm using my brother in laws 2000 Specialized Enduro. I'm just getting it set up for my liking and going to hit haws on Saturday morining, its going to kill me, I'm sooo out of shape, Ive gained 35 lbs, but cant wait to get my skills and legs up to par again. I just moved out to Queen Creek, Johnson Ranch. Does anyone know if there are any trails out closer to me. Well just wanted to say hi and im glad to be able to get back on a bike and loose some weight. I'll be lurking around and posting on the forums and hope to get to know some people out there. Well... talk to you later

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
Welcome back

Crusher said:
Hello fellow Zonie rock crushers. I though I would say hi and introduce myself. I'm new to the forum, but not new from mountain bikeing. I was forced to take a year and a half off of trailing due to a bad injury, sold my Enduro and now I'm using my brother in laws 2000 Specialized Enduro. I'm just getting it set up for my liking and going to hit haws on Saturday morining, its going to kill me, I'm sooo out of shape, Ive gained 35 lbs, but cant wait to get my skills and legs up to par again. I just moved out to Queen Creek, Johnson Ranch. Does anyone know if there are any trails out closer to me. Well just wanted to say hi and im glad to be able to get back on a bike and loose some weight. I'll be lurking around and posting on the forums and hope to get to know some people out there. Well... talk to you later
Hey there -

Welcome to the forum. I live in NE Phoenix on the opposite end of the globe as Queen Creek (not even sure where exactly that town is), so I'm not much help when it comes to trails outside of the main part of the city. In fact, I just rode Hawes for the first time a few months ago - total blast! Most of my riding is in the Trail 100 in Phoenix, McDowell Mountain in Ftn Hills, or South Mountain.

Glad you got back into the bike scene. Hope to see you around...

Thx...Doug

·
Registered
504 Posts
Santan Regional Park

I believe has some trails available to bikers however I've never been on them. Usery Pass has the Pass Mt. trail which is fairly close to Hawes. The loop is basically around the mountain. The views from the back side are pretty cool. No major exposure or other issues that would keep a just getting back into riding rider from not enjoying the area. Of cours Hawes has a couple new trails that you might not have had the chance to ride before your injury.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bugaroo said:
I believe has some trails available to bikers however I've never been on them. Usery Pass has the Pass Mt. trail which is fairly close to Hawes. The loop is basically around the mountain. The views from the back side are pretty cool. No major exposure or other issues that would keep a just getting back into riding rider from not enjoying the area. Of cours Hawes has a couple new trails that you might not have had the chance to ride before your injury.
Good Luck!
Explain the "couple new trails" please, where are they and how are they, When I was riding I use to ride haws at least twicw a week.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Google, my friend

Crusher said:
Explain the "couple new trails" please.
Never ridden there myself, but there's some San Tan info on the Maricopa County Parks site, and on the San Tan Regional Park master plan page.

I may get up there from Tucson this fall to check it out, though there will be more trails cut in once the plan is approved and funded. And speaking of Tucson, Queen Creek is so SE Valley that you could almost consider the 50-Year, 24 Hour race course, and Bobby Trails in the Catalina/Oracle area to be local. The Arizona Trail segments out west of Superior on US60 aren't too far from you, either.

Bike down, my fellow Clyde,

=Jason=

·
N/A
236 Posts
Most of the San Tan trails haven't really been built yet. I read in the paper that there is still some controversy over part of the park. Basically, the Indian tribe wants to buy some of the land that was to be part of the bike trail system. I rode down there when they first opened the park last year and there were just some old roads that they were using for the trail. Not sure what it looks like now though.

To the original poster, other than San Tan, there really aren't any trails in the area. As others mentioned, you're best bet is probably to head up to Hawes or down to Oracle (not too far if you shoot down 79).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are you familiar with twisted sister?

Crusher said:
Explain the "couple new trails" please, where are they and how are they, When I was riding I use to ride haws at least twicw a week.
Have you been on the section of trail that actually ends on Ellsworth Road? If not, it starts towards the top of the Mine Trail, shoots off to the east running along a ridge that leads to several switchbacks the drop you down towards Power and Usery Pass. After a steep climb the trail will divide, go right on the singletrack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.