Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing a BETD linkage on my 06 FSR XC Pro and It is one of the best products I have seen. The machine work is unbelivable on there product.It totally change my bike. The travel is so much better. These bike should come stock like this. It works awsome with the longer Fox Float R shock. The stock Fox Triad will be a back up when I send the Fox Float R to Push industries.

·
Humpmaster general
473 Posts
what is your weight?
what pressure were you using pre link and what pressure are you using post link?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am using 170 for the air pressure whats nice is that the float R you can put more pressure in it than the Triad.It is alittle longer than the Triad. my weight is about 200. The 130 setting is real nice alot of travel but with the weather we are having now I will keep it at 100. Its nice that you can adjust it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The rear shock is off a Cannondale Rush 800. It is longer than a stock Triad that comes on the FSR XC Pro. I had the shocks length but can not find it. I would measure the two together but the Fox Triad is back at Fox for the stuck down issue.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am not sure what you mean. But if you mean just replacing the shock and installing the Cannondale shock is very easy. All you do is let out all the air of the shock and take out the 2 bolts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jdoglike said:
What is the real advantage of the BETD link. Is it just the 100-130 travel or is there something else
You would be shocked how much a little more travel does to your bike. It gives it more pedal clearence also to clear roots and rocks. It also is alot stronger. If you do a search you will see some people cracked there stock linkage.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, I just bought a BETD linkage. This afternoon I started to replace the linkage but, when I disassembled the original linkage from my '04 stumpjumper FSR I realized that the reducer in the eyelet of the shock has to be removed. This is (for me) the problem :madman: : without specific tools I tried to do it, but I wasn't able to extract it from the eyelet. Have you some suggestion for me (except going to a skilled mechanic :ihih: )?

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you go the the fox site and view the service video it goes over it. I think you just need a bolt extractor.

wayne

·
Registered
14 Posts
Fork Length and Head Angle

Hi Z71,

I think I am right in saying your frame came with a 100mm fork. I have an 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and also want to get one of the BETD links. I have a rock shox Reba fork with 115mm travel. Can you tell me if you still have 100mm forks on the frame and if so how does this ride or affect the head angle when you use the 130mm setting on the back, do you feel you need to raise the front at all.
Any advice welcome Cheers,
Kev:)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
submariner said:
Hi Z71,

I think I am right in saying your frame came with a 100mm fork. I have an 04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro and also want to get one of the BETD links. I have a rock shox Reba fork with 115mm travel. Can you tell me if you still have 100mm forks on the frame and if so how does this ride or affect the head angle when you use the 130mm setting on the back, do you feel you need to raise the front at all.
Any advice welcome Cheers,
Kev:)
My front fork is a Rock Shox Recon 351 Air it has air adjustments from 80mm-100mm-130mm. I love the BETD linkage and will never go back to the way it is stock. I like the ride of mine compared to the 07 stumpjumper comp. I was going to trade mine in on one until I got the linkage. It totally changed the ride of my bike. The head angle is not bad on the 130mm setting in the back. But I am running a adjustable rise stem and higher rise bars. So I do not know if that had something to do with everything comming together. I wish some of you could ride my bike so you could compare it before you drop that much money in for the linkage. All I can say is that it improved my bike in the BB height which it really needed and the ride is much more stable. So If it improved my ride I am sure it would improve the ride of the Stumpjumper. I hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.