Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last Saturday I scored a pretty brand new CycleOps Fluid2 trainer for next to nothing (I paid less than $7).

Set it up tonight and put on the bike and I was suprised at how loud it was. I had a Blackburn mag trainer a couple of years ago cuz you could hear that thing across the neighborhood.

Now I'm not expecting total silence during a training session and I probably shouldn't expect much for $7, but just how much more quieter is a fluid trainer suppose to be than a mag/wind trainer?

·
Nervous Descender
717 Posts
BelaySlave said:
So last Saturday I scored a pretty brand new CycleOps Fluid2 trainer for next to nothing (I paid less than $7).

Set it up tonight and put on the bike and I was suprised at how loud it was. I had a Blackburn mag trainer a couple of years ago cuz you could hear that thing across the neighborhood.

Now I'm not expecting total silence during a training session and I probably shouldn't expect much for $7, but just how much more quieter is a fluid trainer suppose to be than a mag/wind trainer?
My Fluid 2 is really quiet. The fan I use for cooling is louder. I can watch TV at a normal volume while riding. This is with a road bike with a skinny slick tire.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unknownrash said:
It depends on where it's put. If I put my trainer in the basement on the concrete its quiet. If I put it upstairs on the floor it resonates very loudly and makes more noise.
That's probably a really good point and one I never thought about. I have it sitting in my small kitchen in a very old, not so well constructed house and that's probably a big contributor to the loudness. I'll try it in the utility room with solid concrete floors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.