Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Homers, poseurs, lemmings, wannabees and Dusty Butthumper. Ordered a pivot kit because I was a few pivot shafts shy of having the Spot (green frame) back together. I dig the grooves in the new HL/TNT pivot shafts. After hitting the TNT rear with the grease gun and watching the grease ooze out, these babies work like a charm.

I might have to do the Cheezy-link to the old ones in case I ever need to use them somewhere down the road. Although the original bushings (3 years old) still look great - so I doubt if I'll ever need to use them again.

I went ahead and got a couple sets of the new logo stickers and I must say in addition to looking pretty good, they went on REALLY easy and they look very clean - very understated - very Turner. If they're still on at the end of the season its $10 well spent.

Attachments

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Chris, either of those built up yet? I'm hitting the trails behind Service with the Pack and 5.3 rockers today for a test run, maybe we could meet up. Brown Bear trail beckons...

Rando

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Yeah Hurry the fock up Chris!

Renegade said:
Chris, you're killing me with this slow build pace of yours! Just send the new girlfriend away for two days, and get those ponies finished off please! :D
I'm so glad nobody's bugging me on my build time:D

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Bikezilla said:
I'm so glad nobody's bugging me on my build time:D
Sometimes it's tough to spend time working on one bike when you have another to ride.

I got an all carbon Top Fuel 110 from Trek, as a warranty replacement for my old 2001 Fuel98 (I finally broke a bike). All my friends keep bugging me to finish it...but I have the Spot to ride. Soooo, it's taking longer than expected to finish.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the props...

All right fellas - they're mostly built. I need a few parts that I can't find locally (damn brake lines are too short!!) and between a really heavy workload and a really hot femme that's keeping me busy every night and every morning, I haven't finished the builds yet.

But if it helps - I haven't had the energy to ride for any significant amount of time anyway. :D:D :D :D :D So I've been terrorizing the paved trails with the Pugs and doing a lot of hiking-rollerblading-running to fill the void.

To make matters worse, I'm leaving town for a week on Sunday and heading to WAY up north Barrow, a place where the sun never drops below the horizon this time of year. Then the GF leaves two days after I get back so I have to squeeze a lot of "us" time in before then. But I'm placing an order today for the bits I need so the builds will be done by then.

So Rando - I won't be riding Brown Bear till about the 20th. But I'm dying to get on that trail and put the Spack through its paces. I also apologise to the Homer nation - no futher pics will be posted until the builds are finished.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
No GF (edit: I don't ride a gary fisher - thanks ffor the clarification Airwreck) pics, not now, no how, not on the couch, not when I slouch, not in the pool, not looking cool... Sorry, had a Dr. Seuss moment there.

Once both rides are built and she's back in town we will be hitting the trails - she's about 5'10" so she'll be able to ride the Spot comfortably - and then I'll have a few action/ride pics of her on the Green Spot (G-Spot for short :p ) and post those.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Dusty Bottoms said:
What are those white top hats next to the pivot shafts? Where are the bearings?
Those be the low maintenance, non-indexing friction reducers.

Almost 3 years on my Turner bushings with nothing more than a few squirts of grease here and there - still super smooth and have never creaked or squeaked once.

The bearings on my Truth on the other hand we're indexed to hell after 18 months - you can keep the bearings.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
AK Chris said:
very original... you really burned me... good one... *yawn*...
Settle down Beavis, it was subtle self-depriciation. Let me re-phrase it in a language better understood on latitude 55N...

"I'm a retard that has no idea of the benefits of bushings. I don't even know what they look like!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.