Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my bike back together and went for a test ride on the new shock. Feels very different riding around on pavement, the bob is gone everywhere except out of saddle pedaling which I can certainly live with. The small bump compliance seems to be good as well, but neighborhood riding is hardly a definitive test.

How much sag are others running on their PUSHed shocks? I've heard they recommend you running more sag, but my sag is about 50% travel right now. I'm guessing somewhere around 25 - 33% is more likely, but before I juiced it up I'd thought I would check.

Thanks in advance.

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
50% sag is way too much....

The 25% sag +/- 5% is a much better guideline. Push mods don't change the sag setting. Most people run the same sag as before the mods. The spring rate required is probably going to be lower though. So less air pressure is required to get the same sag as before the upgrade.

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
30% Sag

Homebrew said:
The 25% sag +/- 5% is a much better guideline. Push mods don't change the sag setting. Most people run the same sag as before the mods. The spring rate required is probably going to be lower though. So less air pressure is required to get the same sag as before the upgrade.
I agree, 25-30% sag should be perfect!

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SCUBAPRO said:
I agree, 25-30% sag should be perfect!
Set the shock up with about 25% sag yesterday and went for my first real ride on it today. I was very impressed at how well the shock kept the tire planted to the terrain when climbing over tough rocks. Several times today I approached sections thinking I wouldn't be able to get all the way up them, but climbed right up almost every one of them.

I got the shock pushed for the stable platform, but getting a shock that performs that much better overall is a wonderful bonus. I was torn between getting my shock pushed and just buying a new Swinger or Fox RP3, but I'm certainly happy with my decision.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts