Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked me up a 2007 RX with a Fox RLC F100 and a CK headset. I want to build something light and zippy. But I guess life was going so good that on Sunday I broke my leg. Got me 10 bolts and a plate installed today. *sigh* :) I'll have plenty of time to decide on the rest of the parts now.

Is the 2007 model made in the USA? Can't see anything that says USA but nothing says Taiwan either.

Here are some shots of the new toys :)

thnx, l8r

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
Yikes....heal up.

And the 07 is Kinesium (Taiwan) made front triangle.....there was a thread a few down where Bob posted pics as to how to tell. It is the saddleplate at the shock mount that is the give away, plus a top tube gusset.

Great bike and enjoy when fully healed.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Sorry about the leg, really. Brutal. White RX is nothing but excellent, forget the year. Can't wait for the pics. Any thoughts on the spec??

ps: Thanks for flipping the box for geo...

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnx for the kind words guys. I'm looking at the frame right now and dreaming of the day I get to ride it.

Found the pics of the Kinesium / USA differences, seems like the Kinesium is way beefier on the shock mount welds. Granted it adds more weight though.

I haven't decided on the specs yet. My thoughts were to take apart my Felt Virtue 3 and put the low end parts on there just to ride it this week but now I have time to build it up any way I want.

I've been thinking of going 9 speed but with the bunk leg I think I'll need the granny gear to keep moving when I start to recover. Been eyeing the Crank Brothers Cobalt wheels and definitely have time to save up the cash, just not sure I want them that bad. Any suggestions on a wheelset? I feel like X9 or X0 for the drivetrain but note sure about the crank. And more than likely I'll go with a carbon handlebar and seatpos, I'm not planning on taking this thing off the ground, much. :) Just want to get back in the saddle. :(

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
1,844 Posts
Love the white

That was a favorite color of mine. It matched the 2007 F100 and builds up into an elegant, fast bike.
Get well soon.

Orthorex, you make me laugh!! So Geo's a roadie?

·
Ti is addictive
2,894 Posts
I still think that white RX was the sexiest paint colors Titus ever put out.......only other great color is Ti grey.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bikerbob.com said:
Here's one with All-Mountain II kit from 2007. Kinda bland.

Need some more blue and gold! Nipples, headset, seatclamp, chain, maybe.
I9 wheels.

I like the white. :) I was thinking of making the whole thing white. Found a white wheel set, handlebar and seat post and even brakes. I live in FL so it wont't get hot during the scorching summer sun. :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
The White RX

I have built up of these for my wife - she has Pink CK headset - thanks to BikerBob.

Wheels - Hope pro II and lace em up stans rims - use 355 even arch if you are beefy or olympic if not .Then non UST tires - swable racing ralph - fast light

Kiwi Titus Guru

1 - 11 of 11 Posts