Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
oooooh oooooh ooooh. I hope this turns into a bikesdirect "wolf in sheep's clothing" thread (guessing this is what JC was referring to.......again this is my "guess".....not saying I can read mind's or anything)

·
Registered
228 Posts
stevers said:
Just getting into MTB. Placed an order for this earlier today. It will be here Tuesday.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/fantom29_08.htm

Got it in Black
Congrats! I've been looking into getting this bike for my girfriend. Its hard to beat $600.00 for a goodlooking 29'er like this one.

Please take some pictures when you get it up and running. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ricot83 said:
If your first post on a forum is basically an advertisement for a bike or store, people will always call you out on it.

anyway welcome to the forum, and the bike looks nice.
Gotcha. Thanks for the insight.

I'm just another newbie here to the sport. I went mtn biking with brother a week ago and got hooked within the first 10 min. I was riding a 10-15 year old diamond back that I have had since I was 10. I have another friend that just got into mtn biking in the spring so I plan on hitting some trails with him in the area. Now I just need to get some accessories.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WindWithMe said:
Congrats! I've been looking into getting this bike for my girfriend. Its hard to beat $600.00 for a goodlooking 29'er like this one.

Please take some pictures when you get it up and running. :thumbsup:
Thanks

Yeah I had to pull the trigger on this one. Mr brother found it for me and I couldn't pass it up.

I'll post some pics once I get it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
if he was trying for a free BD add he would have picked a better bike to do so don't ya think? and calling him out for it adds more fuel to the fire . i.e. more posts/more views

to the o.p. if your not advertising for bikes direct hope the bike works well for ya.

and if you are did they give ya the bike?? hehe if so i'll post the same :D

don't think you need to run an ad for them they have the top banner spot on right now on my page :thumbsup:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Have fun on your new bike. MTB is the best sport ever.

For anyone, especially a beginner I highly recommend Lennard Zinn's book on mountain bike maintenance if you're interested in DIY maintenance. Check with your LBS how you should maintain it if you have questions. Most of all though have a good time.

·
I like bacon... (clyde)
351 Posts
MtbSupply said:
let us know how the quality is of the frame; i was lookn into getting a bike of that website. oh and post some pics!
A weight would be nice too, along with close-ups on the welds. More importantly, let us know how it rides and action pics never hurt :thumbsup:

·
i call it a kaiser blade
744 Posts
i can attest, that i am in no way affiliated with bikesdirect or their bizarre pricing and selling practices.

that bike makes your ride faster and jump higher.

like shaq.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.