Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I hope I posted this in the right spot. I sent this to Niner support and I just wanted to get some multiple opinions. Anyways, I recently bought a used 2010 Niner WFO off craigslist. I'm only 19 and it's my first quality bike. I'm trying to learn how to do all of my own service on it. The bike has been creaking quite a bit and I thought it was coming from the pivot bearings. I just wanted to check up on them like this guy from youtube. Guide on how to check a used mountain bike frames pivot bearing. - YouTube However, I can't find any info or videos on how to take the suspension apart. When I tried unscrewing one of the two 12x24x6 pivot screws I stripped it so bad. Now I need a replacement one and have no clue how to remove it. Will a Grabbit drillbit work on this soft metal? Should I use a dremel to cut a large slot in it to use a flathead screwdriver to unscrew it? Is it possible to order just one red screw cap thing? My final question is how do I remove the rear linkage? When I tried unscrewing the red cap the frame moved outwards with it. The second picture I included points to where the frame was moving outwards. I thought I was going to snap my frame like a wishbone if I screwed it out any more. I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts