Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its my first dually so would like any suggestions on what I need to buy/carry with me etc. Firstly, looking at getting some new platform pedals something between AM and DH something that's strong but not to big wide or thick etc with good grip and not overpriced prob not much over 100 if can help it, I use 5ten shoes.
Also the guard underneath the bike doesn't seem to be much protection against flying rocks gravel etc coming up from the wheels, so need something to help prevent dints etc on the bike.
I ride with a camel pack 2L version, and need to find a small portal pump to use on the run if I get a flat...any good recommendations for one that will all fit into the pack? I have a multi tool in there to. It there anything else beside a spare tube I would need?
Also any recommendations for a good shock pump?
If you can give me a rough estimate or price range for these items that would be appreciated, not looking for super expensive stuff.
I ride at you yangs and lysterfield in VIC

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
* Pump - Lezyne.
* I would take a spare tube and a patch kit.
* Shock pump - topeak, lezyne, specialized...there are quite a few options out there. Base your choice on the connection. I did not find the specialized ones' flip lock to work all that well.
* other things to take - missing link, chain breaker (if your multitool does not have one), tyre boot, tyre levers, spare derailleur hanger. Depends on how handy you are and how much you want to carry.

As for price, not sure. Depends on where you are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts