Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People,
Simply put, the Park City area is a freaking meca for mtn. biking (at least in the spring, summer, and a little fall). There are over 400 miles of singletrack in the area that is mostly connected by city streets and multi use paths with main trails even signed from the street network. Mtn. biking is actually huge for the economy of the area, and is cited as being "the new golf." I strongly recommend going. Here are some slected pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Park City does rock. No shortage of good places to get lunch or dinner when your ride is finished either.

They have one of my favorite short sections of trail in the world -- I really like corners -- that's called John's and then some number. Also, don't miss riding the Wasatch Crest from Park City into Salt Lake City. Spendy shuttle, but worth it -- and plenty of climbing/pedaling along the way.

·
Tree Hugger
2,946 Posts
Looks like some sweet riding. Thanks for posting pics. What did you do at the IMBA summit? Was it a conference and classes, bike industry networking, or just a big ride festival?

·
GEAUX TIGERS!!!
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I, with my work colleague, actually presented a topic entitled "Linking Downtown to Dirt" where we looked at how different cities are linking there multi use pathways to singletrack. In other words where you dont have to drive to ride singletrack, just hop on a paved trail to link you to the trails. That along with some networking and attending other presentations and yes, plenty of riding.

Kosmo, I believe I rode that section of trail called John's. It was really twistly and right off the Mid Mtn. Trail.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Park City is a Hidden Secret

Glad you had a great time there. I'm biased (recently moved to Rogue Valley from SLC), but the riding along the Wasatch Front is hard to beat. John's is great.

Whoever mentioned the Crest and the shuttle - try doing it without the shuttle next time. There are plenty of ways to move back and forth from the Park City side to the SLC side and vice versa.

I need some of y'all to show me the great riding up in these parts. I'm hoping to take in the NUT, the MRT, the Metolius-Windigo trail and I'm always open to more suggestions.

If any of you any need tips on Utah riding, I'm happy to give info.

Ed

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
ucme4dk said:
Whoever mentioned the Crest and the shuttle - try doing it without the shuttle next time.

Ed
Well, that's what I meant, of course. Also, when riding around the world, I always do it both ways. One direction just doesn't cut it. Last time I rode to the moon, I kept on going to Mars. Otherwise, might as well stay home. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I log some pretty intense miles, and when I rode from the upper end of Park City (left from a brew pub near Grappa), across all the ski areas, then got on the Wasatch Crest near the top of Canyons, and continued on to SLC residential areas, I was pretty satisfied.

·
Registered
316 Posts
kosmo said:
Well, that's what I meant, of course. Also, when riding around the world, I always do it both ways. One direction just doesn't cut it. Last time I rode to the moon, I kept on going to Mars. Otherwise, might as well stay home. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I log some pretty intense miles, and when I rode from the upper end of Park City (left from a brew pub near Grappa), across all the ski areas, then got on the Wasatch Crest near the top of Canyons, and continued on to SLC residential areas, I was pretty satisfied.
Kosmo,

I wasn't trying to be glib. Just a suggestion. I've enjoyed doing large loops in the Wasatch for years. Thought I'd pass along something I've had fun with.

·
Banned
533 Posts
I was there too
Went on some great rides
Meet some great people from all over the world
Didn't go on that trail
I am pretty sure the lady in the middle was a lady I rode with on Saturday

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.