Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a sick Vp-free with marz888r, xtr throughout, avid and mavoc rims. Now just have to wait for the snow to melt. Anyone have VP-free action pics or advice? love to hear or see pics!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I can't say enough good things about this bike. I bought mine within the last 4 months and can honestly say that i have become a more confident rider because of it. I even won a race on it.

·
Citizen Of Earth
366 Posts
^you drop that outside foot to the back you'll power through the corners a little quicker and be able to put the rear end where you want after a tight berm.

Nice bikes guys, VP Frees are badass, but dont have a need for them here in Texas...not very pedal friendly.

·
MTBiker
988 Posts
I've got one too, just ordered a stem because I felt a little cramped. Doesn't pedal that great especially with heavy wheels, fork (888r) and soft suspension setup, but still great overall. Very stable.

Here's just some random one from my photobucket, practically bottomed out

·
Registered
196 Posts
First pic is from the velopark in Idaho, second is from somewhere in Idaho, third is from Post Canyon, and the fourth is from Syncline.

·
Registered
328 Posts
xterrain said:
^you drop that outside foot to the back you'll power through the corners a little quicker and be able to put the rear end where you want after a tight berm.

Nice bikes guys, VP Frees are badass, but dont have a need for them here in Texas...not very pedal friendly.
wow...I always wondered why I corner faster to the left than to the right...I guess I need to start switching up my footing to get more comfortable. THANKS! :thumbsup:

·
Purveyor of Trail Tales!
1,189 Posts
james monson said:
Just got a sick Vp-free with marz888r, xtr throughout, avid and mavoc rims. Now just have to wait for the snow to melt. Anyone have VP-free action pics or advice? love to hear or see pics!
Hey James,

Welcome to the club! The VP Free has saved my a$$ so many times I can't count them all. It's also allowed my less than skilled old body to have fun like this on the Middle GLC Drop at Whistler::eekster:
Clothing Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel Mountain bike

Here are a bunch of VP Free Action shots going all the way back to 2005:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=111927&highlight=vp+free+action

Have fun!

Michael:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brodie Recluse

Alright, anyone have anything to say about Brodie bikes, the Recluse FR bike? im looking @ 2008 $900.00 today. Its for my lady, she's 5,8", the bike is a medium.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
free in action

james monson said:
Phantom Drop @ Diablo...
I hope the pic is not too big.

888RC2X VA
Deemax
Pushed DHX
etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'll bite. I am big fan of the ole vp-free; sweetest handling rig I have owned.

Here are some photos of my short shocked (8.5 incher) all mtn vp-free. Weights in at 33.5 lbs so not to bad chugging up the hills.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts