Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this weekend while at the swap meet in Madison,WI I found a giant STP its pretty cool its got mavic 121 rims i think the front hub is a rickey and the back a shimano xtr something and front/back avid bb7 marzocchi dirt jam pro and a new truvitive huzzelfelt crank which by the way losens up all the time so i decided to take it all apart and i cleaned it up a bit oh its a nine speed rear only so i took off the e 13 bashguard along with the single gear in front and was confuse about the chain tensoner thingy the the chair rests on befor it is guided on the front sprocket cause i took it all apart and i seen this 3 bolt pattern thingy that it mounts to and its loose and dont know how to fix it its on the bottom bracket of the frame if you look in the picture the thing that is on the bottom bracket how do i stop that from turning

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
Is the guide mounted to the frame? Or to a metal tab mounted between the bottom bracket and the frame?
If it's mounted between the bb and the frame just tighten up the bottom bracket cup and you're good. Is the guide a e-13 or a truvativ box guide? A little more info could help!:thumbsup:

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Those 3 screws only attach the chainguide to an adapter. The adapter is sandwiched between the frame and the bb flange. You need a tool to tighten the BB cup, and the driveside is reverse threaded. Bring it to a shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.